• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Town XJ's 2 Door Build

What's the difference between the XRC8 and XRC8 Comp series? Is it faster or something? I've got the original XRC8 and it was significantly less expensive compared to the comp series.

Bumper looks awesome. I've been thinking about building something similar.

What's the difference between the XRC8 and XRC8 Comp series? Is it faster or something? I've got the original XRC8 and it was significantly less expensive compared to the comp series.

Bumper looks awesome. I've been thinking about building something similar.
Do you have the old 4.1hp motor or the newer one with the 5.5 series wound motor? The series wound motor is considerably faster then the magnetic motor.

The only difference between the two is the comp series has synthetic line and aluminum fairlead. I got mine when it was on sale for $375 shipped

Not much of an update, but I'm waiting for these to come in before I finish my front bumper http://www.barnes4wd.com/product_info.php?cPath=446&products_id=1983
I originally wanted to go with the round ends from Ballistic, but nobody would answer the phone when I called yesterday:mad:

This is the first time I've order from Barnes4wd, but I wanted to say the customer service was amazing! Very helpful and they had shipped my order and provided me with a tracking number 15 minutes after I order.

I've also picked up a couple more parts, a pair of Corbeau Baja XP's and a pair of Lightforce 240 blitz lights. I plan on installing the seats this weekend and will have to run them with stock seat belts for a little while until I can build my cage.

Did get much done this weekend spent most of my weekend at the vet, my dog was really sick. Got a little bit done after the superbowl. I added the side pieces to the bumper and Installed one of my new seats. I only had time to do the passenger seat as I have to drive the cherokee all week.

There was no way to install the Corbeau Baja XP's with the stock sliders, the seats are too tall. I made a mount to hard mount to the floor, this is only temporary, once the cage is done the seats will be mounted to it.
S5000206.jpg

Decide to go for the right hand drive ricer look, but realized I don't get to sit in the nice seat.
S5000209.jpg

Do you have the old 4.1hp motor or the newer one with the 5.5 series wound motor? The series wound motor is considerably faster then the magnetic motor.

The only difference between the two is the comp series has synthetic line and aluminum fairlead. I got mine when it was on sale for $375 shipped

I guess I've got the 4.1 motor cause I had to install a toggle switch on my dash so I could flip it on and walk away. My thumb went numb before that slow thing wound up. I could go take a nap and come back and it still wouldn't be done. lol Good to know. I wonder if I could upgrade motors?

What'd those seats cost ya?

i'm liking the way this is coming out. that front bumper came out nice good work.

i'm liking the way this is coming out. that front bumper came out nice good work.
Thanks!

I got the other Corbeau seat in on the weekend and I don't think I can ride in another cherokee with stock seats. These are so comfy!

you didnt have to cut the pinch seam and weld in a new fender, did the same thing on my jeep, just cut stress relief cuts and use a air hammer to stretch it..but i guess to late for you now lol xD but heads up to anyone who wants to do the same to the rear fenders.

you didnt have to cut the pinch seam and weld in a new fender, did the same thing on my jeep, just cut stress relief cuts and use a air hammer to stretch it..but i guess to late for you now lol xD but heads up to anyone who wants to do the same to the rear fenders.
You have two door Iceland offroad flares?

no i have a 4dr with stock flares but did pretty much the same thing...cut the flare and mounted part of it to the door and cut the rest all the way up so the flare would follow the door line..just used an hammer and stretched the metal like crazy and re welded it...took awhile to stretch it though..

no i have a 4dr with stock flares but did pretty much the same thing...cut the flare and mounted part of it to the door and cut the rest all the way up so the flare would follow the door line..just used an hammer and stretched the metal like crazy and re welded it...took awhile to stretch it though..
Sorry but you have no idea how big these flares, there's no way you could stretch it that far

hmmm the top of them are right bellow the body line, lemme check how high mine are...i know my front ones are just as high as yours lol

hmmm my rears are like an inch bellow the body line, so idk, but it seems like u could maybe just bend it then stretch it, but yours is still a clean awesome rig and a million times better then mine just trying to save time for people and make builds a lil easier, the whole intention of this website:)

Back