• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil filter adapter

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
OK, mines been leaking for awhile :( I finally picked up Orings at the dealer and bought a #60 Tork tool a guy makes and sells. It's apparently a PIA to try and get at it with location as close to the frame as it is. This tool should help imensley.

Anybody here done it? Should I do or know anything that would make it easier?

Thanks in Advance!!!

I've done it. Its really not too bad with the right tools.

I bought the T-60 (I think) bit at autozone, and punched it out of the socket it comes in. Then I took a cheap 9/16" wrench, and cut the open end off. Put that torx bit in the box end, and duct tape it in place. Put that on the OFA, with the cut off end of the wrench sticking straight up. Now, put a pipe or high lift handle over it, coming up out of the hood. Turn that handle. It will break it loose. Install is reverse of removal.

i need to do mine as well, jay broke one wench on it so now its my turn...i have 3 to do....lol

cool, i have a rigged up tool i put together that i havent tried yet

if you get frustrated, you could always read bimmerjeepers thread on the subject.

LMAO!!!!

I did my 87 years ago, around 2006. You need to use vise grips or channel locks the last bit IIRC. Tool runs into the frame before the bolt is all the way out.

IIRC I used a chrome vanadium L shaped torx bit and a long 3/8" cheater pipe to get it loose, plus PB blaster.

Back