• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offroad camping trailer build!!

spending time with my youngsters is more important to me... the trailer will be there tomorrow

KIDS... all they do is suck time up... AND they too are one of the reasons I haven't worked on mine... it's funny cause I sorta designed mine with them in mind and I have a feeling that they'll not be interested if/when I get it built...

Then there's the debate... work on the trailer... go wheel... Hmmmm...

Curt

ok did a couple odds and ends today on it and got it rollin... picking up all the lights and wiring in the a.m... put some paint on the raw metal even though some is gonna get ground off later for more welding... so here are some updates

tr1-1.jpg

tr2-1.jpg

What size tires you going to run? 33/10.50 would look cool.. Plus you need to mount a spare on the front..Looks great.. So how much longer till you drop it off at my place?

right now it has some 225's on it cause thats what i had laying around lol.. i plan on running a 31 eventually...

as far as materials.. the sides will be inlayed with diamond plate that will be bedlined and then a wood floor...

i still have to make the lid before i skin everything.. i want all the major fab work done first then i'll finish it with the side skins.

tomorrow is another build day... so more updates... gonna get the lid welded up and some more braces.. maybe figure out my fenders.... and start skinning

hey, heres an idea... how about making a 50/50 lid... it might be easier to lift up depending on how heavy of material you go with only downside i see is if you dont seal it well with weather stripping you might have possible leaks.

i thought about that but decided to run a full lid.. it shouldnt be very heavy the skin on it is going to be diamond plate just like the sides so that cuts down alot of weight ..

i'm still working on building the lid and i have to get some outdoor carpet for the floor and i'm gonna make sure its sealed well... doing wiring tomorrow so its road worthy then a test tug lol

i towed it on friday and she pulled straight and fine... but i need to get it out with the lights and all that u know

Sooo it's a camping trailer... just not a sleeping trailer...:laugh3:

It's coming along nice... I just can never get past the diamond plating... in the end it serves a function...
I wish I had your time & ambition... and temps. :bawl:

Curt

its all about patience.. i wish i could do all of it in one day but if u want it right then slow and easy is the right pace... the diamond plate was picked for weight purposes.. its a 1/3 the weight as the steel and it looks cool.. there are soem discoloration of the chrome in spots so i think i'm gonna bed line the diamond plate just for looks

Back