• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obligatory who's going thread!

Phil, we'll have to meet up somewhere and Convoy out there. This will be the second time I've been out west, I flew last time. My brother is talking about going but he may not want to use all of his vacation to make this trip.

My girlfriend and I are planning on going and would prefer to join a group driving out. This is going to be fun, happens during my birthday!

My girlfriend and I are planning on going and would prefer to join a group driving out. This is going to be fun, happens during my birthday!

You're more than welcome to head out with us. I'll be stopping off in Denver one nigt and sleeping at my buddy's place.

Sounds like a plan. I have to figure out the logistics, glad I have a few months!

I do too, hoping another local member decides to go and borrow a two place trailer.....Jesse.......:D

Just confirmed vacation time.

Now to figure out the rest.

See ya there.

I too just got Vacation time approved for this. It'll be the first "real" vacation I've ever taken. I usually don't go far when I take time off. Its usually just time I take to get away from the shop for awhile. I can't wait. It'll be here before we all know it though.

Let the hyjinx begin

Ram" MWC bringing the Mid to the West" Rod....

I'll be there for part, if not all of the week. Wouldn't miss it, but it is my GF birthday that week, and she has to work. I could get in Trouble (yes, capital T) if I send her a birthday card that reads "Having a blast, wish you were here!"

Pssh, I'm getting married in Tucson the weekend after the 30th Anniversary event. I plan on driving straight from Moab to southern Arizona so I really cannot afford to break down or there will be hell to pay in the form of an annulment.

You're more than welcome to head out with us. I'll be stopping off in Denver one nigt and sleeping at my buddy's place.
Granted, it's all relatively flat, but from IN out to Denver is a long haul. When I made the run from Chicago's western suburbs, I stopped in eastern CO, usually at Sterling. The second day's run to Moab is generally pretty easy then. Denver is 120 miles beyond Sterling.

I need to get this on the office calendar.

Granted, it's all relatively flat, but from IN out to Denver is a long haul. When I made the run from Chicago's western suburbs, I stopped in eastern CO, usually at Sterling. The second day's run to Moab is generally pretty easy then. Denver is 120 miles beyond Sterling.

Its still an up hill climb all the way to Denver. With a head wind. So fuel mileage will be worse on the way out.

We usually stop in Goodwin, KS or something like that, the last town in Kansas before you get to Colorado.

Coming out of Denver on the mountain passes you'll think your stuff is broke...its not, just working hard.

This is all I70 from Indy.

mac 'may try to drive straight thru this year depending on drivers' gyvr

I won't be doing that haul in one day. No way. I'll be leaving bright and early on the saturday before and plan on stopping once I get somewhere into Kansas to sleep for the night. My buddy lives on the south end of Denver, i'll be crashing at his place then he will be attending the fling with me.

Pssh, I'm getting married in Tucson the weekend after the 30th Anniversary event. I plan on driving straight from Moab to southern Arizona so I really cannot afford to break down or there will be hell to pay in the form of an annulment.

I was married once. An annulment would have been cheaper. :spin1:

Good luck to you!

I will be there, but I have never attended a Naxja event before, do we meet somewhere or what.

Every trail will have a meeting place and time. When you roll into town you will go to wherever registration is set up. Usually it's at one of the cabins in slickrock campground. At that time you will put your name down for the trails you want to run and then it's up to you to be at the meeting place for that trail at the given time.

Should be cabin 1 or 2 for registration.

mac 'can't wait' gyvr

Back