• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obligatory who's going thread!

TO anyone goin' to Moab.....even if you've been before and haven't yet read it....

....I highly recommend the book 'Desert Solitaire' by Edward Abbey. A read-through will definitely enhance your sense of the nature of the area, the history, etc.

AND.....if you'll be there long enough to have some non-wheelin' time, DO go out with one of the Canyoneering outfits, perhaps on a walkabout with some rappelling, a bit of water in the slot canyons, etc. After one has done a buncha 4x4ing, mountain biking, etc. there's just nothing like step-by-step, in the desert quiet, to really experience the essence of the Moab area.

As long as I'm not broke by the time my world traveling ends in July, I'll be there!

I'll be there, though my Jeep won't. I'm riding out with OceanJet & some of his friends in his tow rig, and mooching rides...

They've rented a condo, I've claimed floor space, and hopefully one of them doesn't drink, or we'll each take turns being DD. Oh wait, I'm a DD every day!! (sorry, couldn't resist...)

Can't wait, first time out there... Been close, but not there...

I just received a memo from Scheduling & Administration (my lovely wife). It would appear that my request has been... APPROVED!!! We're goin' to Moab, baby!

This will be our first NAXJA event, and our fist time to Moab.

:party:

I just received a memo from Scheduling & Administration (my lovely wife). It would appear that my request has been... APPROVED!!! We're goin' to Moab, baby!

This will be our first NAXJA event, and our fist time to Moab.

:party:

My first time as well! I might be excited for this trip.....because I've never had this much money in the bank in May! :D

My first time as well! I might be excited for this trip.....because I've never had this much money in the bank in May! :D

Um, the Nevada brothels aren't in between Indiana and Moab, be sure to save a little extra for that additional fuel expense.

Yeah, a Moab trip has been on the Bucket List for years. We've been close on countless occasions, and will be again in July (Ouray, CO). But somehow we've never made it out to Moab. We're really looking forward to it. :spin1:

Yeah, a Moab trip has been on the Bucket List for years. We've been close on countless occasions, and will be again in July (Ouray, CO). But somehow we've never made it out to Moab. We're really looking forward to it. :spin1:

Another thing I'm looking forward to is kicking Gsequoia in the cubes! :D

What week in July? We have three houses rented for the last week in July to the first weekend in Aug.

What week in July? We have three houses rented for the last week in July to the first weekend in Aug.

Correction: We usually go in July. This year, it's the first week in August. I'm planning to be there 8/4 through 8/10. I haven't booked a place to stay yet. I usually have the whole family with me, and we generally rent a house. Last year we rented the Overlook House out north of town, near the KOA campground.

This year I'm flying solo, so I'll probably just grab a cheap room in town.

Would love to meet you, if we can make it work.

I'm in..... There are three of us driving up from Texas..... Got out condo already .....

Hope the wild flowers are still out. Two years ago we went the first week in Aug and missed them all.

They'll be mostly done by then. Last year we were there the last week of July, and the flowers were a little thin. I prefer to go earlier, but some in our group need to go later, so that's when we go. It's still awesome. I Love Ouray.

Looks like we won't be able to head out until Sunday the 6th. We don't want to pull the kids outta school, so they're staying home and we're coordinating with grandma's arrival for babysitting duty.

Back