• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest T-shirt logo contest

Here is a few.

NWFest08091.jpg

NWFest08045.jpg

FWIW, I have thouands of pictures that could apply...let's narrow down our search a little and find out what the graphics, printing and lay-out guys have in mind.

-----Matt-----

so are you asking what the T-shirt printing guys need as far as format etc ?

i know he asked for it in a vector format. but if you are asking if he can convert a pic or rendering etc to what he needs ? i am not sure but will find out ASAP

so are you asking what the T-shirt printing guys need as far as format etc ?

i know he asked for it in a vector format. but if you are asking if he can convert a pic or rendering etc to what he needs ? i am not sure but will find out ASAP
I'm just wondering if he's just going to exactly reproduce a photograph and print it on a shirt, or if it will be stylized like on the shirt design you posted initially? If it's the latter, he can just take and shot of Rainier and any flexed out Jeep and combine the two. Make sense?

172.jpg

-----Matt-----

yes. i just dont know if he can / will do that. i was hoping the techies on the board could do a conversion and have it all ready to go for him. but i will find out what his capabilities are.

p.s. Grimms workin on a lil somthin somthin for us too :eyes:

Hey fellas....We are "The T-Shirt Guys" :) here to the rescue (kidding). Anyways, What we'd like to see is some sort of logo in Vector Format (.pdf,.ai or .eps) which is typically created through Adobe ILLUSTRATOR or Corel Draw. IF you guys decide to take the route of using a picture of one of your jeeps, that is possible to print a picture of the jeep directly as you see it in a photograph, OR go the "vectorized" route where it looks more like a drawing as seen in Rod/mojo-ago-go's original posting.

Ultimately it's up to YOU GUYS to decide the route to take on this one :) We are a full-on graphic design team and anything is possible. I suppose the first thing to do would be decide if you want a PICTURE of a jeep with Ranier in the back or a stylized picture of a jeep flexed out that may appear a little less detailed but is probably the best route to go. We can do the stylizing once you actually PICK the jeep flexed picture that you like. Once we get to that point, we can provide a few options on how the lettering is laid out around it and you guys can vote from there on which one you like.

let us know.

-Matt/Rusty
MotoGFX

Also -- Please make sure the photograph we use has enough LIGHT. IXNAYXJ, your picture is AWESOME but it may be a little too dark..we can try manipulating something like that to make it look a tad better.

Last edited:
I love how Rainier is smouldering, like it had recently erupted.:D

gonna extend this thru the weekend, since this is our front runner right now.

:wave:

I would like to take this oppurtunity to express my thanks to my fans, family and all those I trod under my heel in my rise to these lofty heights.

Seriously; What is it that Grimm is working on? I spent a total of five minutes on the three graphics I posted. and would spend a lot more if there is some more direction here. I'd rather not burn a lot of my time if there is something else more likely to win out.

I also think that a lot of people think you are asking for just a photo to modify (vectorize) rather than a usable comlplete graphic. Could you clarify?

Last edited:
I also think that a lot of people think you are asking for just a photo to modify (vectorize) rather than a usable comlplete graphic. Could you clarify?

Thread title should be the biggest hint of all. I couldn't figure out why people were just posting pictures, personally. "LOGO CONTEST" as opposed to "we need pics to incorporate into our logo". :wierd:

Personally, I don't have the capabilities to create a "vectorized" print that I am ware of. I don't have access to any of those programs anymore and don't have the time to learn how to create them within a reasonably amount of time for this project.

What I was "submitting" were ideas in the form of photos.
I submitted several different XJ's from variouse directions and orientations all located in the Nachese area to provide concepts and ideas for a print.

Personally I think that Mt. Rainer should be in the print (obviously this could be added in the background). And the scenery should be North West typical (tree's and rocks for Naches).

If there is someone who "knows what they are doing" with this stuff why don't we have them put a couple of concepts together with the photo ideas we have submitted?

Michael

it really doesnt matter what you guys come up with. the "shirt guy" can tweek em to make em work if thats what we want or decide.

was hoping someone had the tech to do somthing smilar to the SoCal chapters. thats what Grimm is shooting for, for us.

if Grimms doesnt work we can always just submit the best pic and ideas combined to the "shirt guy" and let him do up a demo type thing.

does this help ?

i'll chime in here to let you guys know whats going on. im a full time student and a full time dad of 3 kids, one being an infant, AND i have a job. im working on it every chance i get :D i should have something to show you this weekend, as i have some time to work on it tomorrow. im taking some pics and basically tracing vector paths over the images, and combining them into one image. if you have no idea what i just said, im basically tracing out the color differences in the pictures and making them into illustrations. im working on tracing out an XJ right now, but its going slow. an XJ is a bit more complicated than it looks to draw and have it come out right :D

here is what ive got so far, as a background for the image:
NW_FEST1_mountain_vector1.jpg

vectored from this image:

like i said i hope i'll have something worth showing you guys tomorrow.

:cheers:

That looks great, Grimm. A similarly-styled XJ and a couple of trees and we have a logo.

thanks :D i hope to have the XJ done this afternoon. i'll post up what i come up with. Rod (Mojo) gave me some ideas of what he was looking for, and im taking elements of the pics that you guys have posted in this thread and trying to put together the best of what it seems like you guys wanted.

thanks :D i hope to have the XJ done this afternoon. i'll post up what i come up with. Rod (Mojo) gave me some ideas of what he was looking for, and im taking elements of the pics that you guys have posted in this thread and trying to put together the best of what it seems like you guys wanted.

Did we mention pin up girls?

http://www.randysgirls.com/Downloads.aspx

That is sweet!!!
Very nice. I can't wait to see it with an XJ!!

Michael

progress on the XJ... (dont worry the sloppy lines will get cleaned up. any guesses as to whos XJ this is? (its missing its roof rack, one thing at a time!) :D

NW_FEST1_XJ1_progress.jpg

Last edited:
Back