• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW FEST Constructive Criticism thread

While I didn't attend and I don't have red letters, I would most likely love to participate in a noobfest weekend somewhere . especially if it meant I could learn the ropes of wheeling before heading out with people I don't really know and whose skill doesn't match, heck if I could purchase my red letters there chances are I would. hopefully the rig will be ready for next years and I have actually wheeled with people on here.

IXNAYXJ said:
We did TSF in 2007.
-----Matt-----

That was 2006. The last time i was able to make it to one.

Jamez.

IXNAYXJ said:
We did TSF in 2007. To be honest, I was not impressed with it any of the four times I've been down there. I don't think it offers any advantage over Naches and shares all of the disadvantages. Also, while I personaly love Evans Creek, I'd bet it's barely any closer than Naches.

-----Matt-----
I'm going up the longmire wagon trail in two weeks...
I have never went west to east towards Naches, should be different. Moon rocks and funny rocks are fun for most rock crawlers.. but at TSF, the crushers upper and lower is really a different type of rock crawling unlike anything up North..
Although when Evans is nasty it can be interesting but can hold up larger groups up on the trail because of how of tight it can get on the trails... That's what the larger groups want to avoid. You can get around people at the TSF crushers if needed. Provided people are up to such extreme rock crawling.
Actually the club I belong to really looks forward to coming down to TSF from Wa, and B.C... Then again a lot of the trails were closed the last two years, that can make it difficult to find the challenges available, unless you really know the area.
Personally, I haven't done the crushers yet. not really my choice trail I usually prefer. Matt, I hear ya' some places though sometimes don't just fancy our individual type of wheelin' so I understand and if you do decide to come down again some time let me know and I'll get you whatever you want for trail running.. 7up, saddle up, archers the waterfall, and another spot west of there that has denied everyone each time I go there. I find people come down here from Wa, and elsewhere usually because they are denied areas that can be done... In certain situations.. Plus a biggie is you also find quite a few of the trails can be done stock or 2" lift. But there is a disclaimer here...

Last edited:
It seems to me from this thread that we should put together a NW Fest '09 committee? I don't want to take anything away from the BOD if they want to put this together, but when should this be put together? Now?

Here are the positions I see:
NW Fest 09 chairperson
Welcome Coordinator (inspection, welcome, tickets)
Dinner Lead
Raffle Lead
Trail Coordinator
Did I miss anything?

Who is interested in taking some of this one?

I wouldn't mind taking on the Trail Coordinator position.
Others have shown interested in other areas as well. Should we organize this now while it is still fresh?

As far as locations go (I think there are several good viable places that could work) I think this should be discussed more and decided sooner rather than later (we might need to consider getting reservations now for next year).

Michael

if it ends up in tillimook i would be glad to lead and help plan out the trails. Myself, Dustin, and a few others down here could put together a pretty organized few days of trail play.

I would like to be in charge of making sure there is more cow bell.

I'll be Welcome Coordinator. I'm not gonna have to wear clothes though, right?

XJLaredo said:
Ha Ha, Yeah i was talking about NWfest in 2006 was at TSF. That was the last real event i want to. The jeep has gone down hill since then(along with my life).

Sh.t. Maybe I'm on my way to your place this time. Should I bring the Beer?

I really enjoyed Naches, and wouldn’t mind making another trip up there. It seemed like it worked well with a lot of people with its central location, and variety of trails. I also mentioned to Ryan that I would be up for Evans too. From the trip reports I've seen it looks like you could wheel for a couple days without getting bored.

There are a lot of mixed feelings when it comes to TSF. All I'm going to say is that it has its easy trails, fun trails, and hard trails just like any other place. The ratio between them may be a bit off, but it's a fun place nonetheless.

I'm definitely looking forward to NWF 09. It sounds like it will be a good one judging from all the enthusiasm.

Mc2KXJ said:
I'll be Welcome Coordinator. I'm not gonna have to wear clothes though, right?

Nope. But if you hear banjo music it's because we sent you to the wrong camp site. :shhh:

Avanteone said:
Stupid question... is the BOD in for 1 year or 2?

I'm down for dinner coordinator. You also forgot tech. guy, I'm down for participating at least if not leading that.

J

Were you refering to Tech Inspection or Tech Training (like we were considering doing this year)? I would consider Tech Inspection part of the Welcome Coordinator. I personally think future Tech training should be part of Noobfest, not NW Fest, but this is just my .02?

I believe the BOD is up for 2 years.

By the way, I am ONLY talking about the 1 person who will be responsible for each group. This Trail Coordinator might have 8 or 10 trail leaders responsible for leading each trail and might not actually lead any trails but they will be responsible for setting up the drivers meetings, sign ups for trails, finding trail leaders responsbile for each trail and determining how many rigs are alowed on each trail.

Michael

Yeah, I'll help out too. Let me know what you need as the planning continues.

Avanteone said:
Stupid question... is the BOD in for 1 year or 2?

J

There was some talk of changing it back to one year right after the election, but Ryan and Eli haven't said anything about it lately. However, 2 years is probably a good term length since we can use what we learned from this NWFest to make a better one next year.

-Jeremy

OD-XJ said:
There was some talk of changing it back to one year right after the election, but Ryan and Eli haven't said anything about it lately. However, 2 years is probably a good term length since we can use what we learned from this NWFest to make a better one next year.

-Jeremy

That's what I was thinking. Give 'em a chance to redeem themselves. :flame: hahaha j/k

Back