• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northern California Downhill/MTB thread

hey downhillracer, i think i saw you, your buddy and both those girlies at donner lake a few weeks ago. I was at a dock fishing with my buddies and you guys (possibly you) pulled up to the dock next to us in a truck with both of those intenses in the bed. Had i realized you had those bikes while you were at the dock next to us i would have hollard at ya. Didn't see em untill we where leaving.

I too like to fly off of things on me bike
dsc01303nz0.jpg

Shot with DSC-T1 at 2008-05-05

Its an older set up, but its got gobbs of travel and feels damn sturdy dropping off shit and the disco volante is one of the best dh frames built imo.

HAHA, damn small world. Yeah that was us, we stopped off at the lake to kill some time before check in at northstar that weekend. It was some pretty good riding, Greg Minnar was there and he is the fastest rider I have ever seen. Anyways, we are going to try to go up there one more time before the seasons over, you should come with.

alright man i might be down depending on the weekend. I just stripped the threads in my crank, i need to do some work to my gizmo chain guide and bleed my rear brake. So i need to get off my ass and do that.

I have an extra SRAM Rocket 9 speed grip shift if anybody needs one. It is a little beat but it still works fine. If you can pick up its free, if not just pay for shipping..... couldnt be more than a buck or two.

I have a 2003 black Intense M1 with a 2003 Foes F1 inverted fork for sale. Also included is an fsa x orbit headset, brand new in the box 2009 saint cranks and bb (almost 400$ alone), foes 30mm thru hub, formula front disk brake, 5th element rear shock, raceface diablous stem, and azonic low rise bars. Im not parting this out, and I dont want any trades either, I need cash and thats it. I don't want to sell this bike but I have to right now. The frame has some scratches on it but no dents or cracks ANYWHERE! It rides like a dream and it should for how much was paid for it. The front fork is inverted 7" and has nice uppers and almost perfect stanchions. The fork performs flawlessly and doesnt leak or do anything out of the norm. I have ti springs for the fork and an extra disk for the front brake that will be included with the frame. NO lowballers please..... the frame, cranks, and fork alone are easily worth what Im asking, not trying to be an ass but anything less the 1250 and its not worth my while. I will ship and I do have paypal, but both will be at the buyers expense unless picked up locally.
This is the add I have posted over at pinkbike but I thought Id throw a headsup here too. If you or anybody you know is looking to break into downhill or wants to step up there bike you can buy my frame and fork for half of what its worth. Im getting a new frame at a rediculous price or I wouldnt be selling.... and actually I still dont want to but having two racebikes just isnt practical.

Adam

Me and a couple of riders here in chico are going to be shuttling a few local dh trails around chico if anybody would like to ride. Dh bike isnt really manditory but would make it easier on you. I have one extra spot in my truck.

i have an iron horse that is not a down hill bike but it sure like to go down hills. i just got it and only hit up a trail called boyscout so far. a lot of my buddy's ride and i will be joing them much more once i get my license back and can drive to meet up. when ever you guys go hit me up.

that rear shock is pure sex. Nice bike man. My technology is a wee bit older than yours. I'd like to invest that kind of money on a bike but its not feasable at this point in my life. I've only got about 700 into mine frame and all.

Yeah its a money pit, but anything fun seems to be.... I hope it last through this season without me having to put any more money into it or I wont be able to affored lift tickets. All in all that bike has about 4k into it, but absolutley eveything is brand spankin new.

Im in Santa cruz and ride a Giant DH , I have a grey 2 door with a 3 inch lift, if you ever see me on the trails just yell.Also if anyone ever wants to ride , let me know. Todd

Back