• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another No Bus and faulty instrument cluster thread...

stuckinthemidwest

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

2001 Jeep XJ 4.0. Jeep starts and runs wonderfully, but the instrument cluster gauges are not moving at all. After running for 15-30 seconds a no bus code appears on the odometer.

I have removed the cluster, cleaned the female connectors with electronic cleaner, cleaned the male connectors with sandpaper and bending the pins slightly for a tighter fit. After that I did some hitting and general cursing.

My instrument cluster successfully passed the Instrument Cluster Actuator Test (pressing the trip button on the cluster and then starting the car).

I followed the directions to test the CCD Bus from here, post #14. All the voltage and ohms were within normal specs. I am not to savvy on electrical, but it seems to me that this means there is something wrong not with a sensor or the instrument cluster itself but a ground or something?

I removed and unplugged my aftermarket radio, did nothing.

I checked and changed fuse #9 in the Junction Block and fuse #9 in the JB (per post #4 here.)

I thoroughly cleaned all relevant grounds in the engine bay, including G101 and G100.

Any ideas? Basically the only thing I can think of doing now is getting a new cluster, but I really don't want to because I don't want to go through the trouble of going to a dealership and getting the old mileage put on the new cluster. I am hoping someone has some insight into my issue.

Thanks

Back