• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noooooo!

89xjJe3per said:
The noise would be from what and i only need the the gears have a axle.. lol ill give u the 410 for the 355 or something i only live an hour and 30 mins away so no big deal...

I'm not really sure to tell you the truth. I never took the time to pay attention to it becuase I had the Dana 44 sitting in the garage (if it blew up I could've always dropped it in unbuilt).

The axle is yours if you want it. If you find the whine and don't like it you can always just use my ring an pinion with your internals. However be advised that you will have to re setup the gearset to do that. Personally I would just toss it in; if your axle is in fact non c-clip I would give swapping the axle shafts between the two a try just to rule out wheel bearing (and then I'd keep the other set as spares).

Sequoia

GrimmJeeper said:
jeeptheft002.jpg

I'm sure I have those controls for you.

PM me your phone number and we'll make arrangements. If you're going to be working this weekend I may just drop by there as I do have to pick up bearings for my M416 eventually...

A few years ago, my old rommates Integra was broken into. They got the system, cd's, his school books:dunno: , and his $400 jacket. A few months later, he and I are at the local "gentleman's club" and there's a guy wearing it who looked like he hadn't made $400 in years. We ask around, turns out he was the suspect in many break-ins throughout the neighborhood. What happened to him, I can't tell you. Not because I don't know, but because I would be incriminating myself. :clap:

GrimmJeeper said:
i just walked out to leave for work and found my drivers window smashed, my back door open, and my stereo, 2 amps, 2 subs, and my video screen for my navigation ripped out and shredded wires everywhere. the #$%!#% even cut the wires on my foglights right where they go onto the housings, just to add insult to injury.

all together i just lost about $2000 including the cost of a new window. horray for fridays.

:scared: :bawl: :tear: :bawl: :tear: :scared:

sorry to hear that man , i know how you feel , been there done that my expedition got broke in like three time now amps, dvd, monitors all gone, and the worst part is the dam truck park next to the my house too, and still i can't hear a thing. :smsoap:

Instead of all these fancy foldaway, detatchable, blang blang, radios....cant they just make a full featured radio with fancy controls, moniters, and perty lights, then when you turn it off a dusty scratched up faceplate to a 10 dolla kragens special tapeplayer pops up and covers it up, call it a sleeper. I usually like to throw a blanket over anything pricey I have in the cab too, not as tempting to break in.

juryrigjalopy said:
Instead of all these fancy foldaway, detatchable, blang blang, radios....cant they just make a full featured radio with fancy controls, moniters, and perty lights, then when you turn it off a dusty scratched up faceplate to a 10 dolla kragens special tapeplayer pops up and covers it up, call it a sleeper. I usually like to throw a blanket over anything pricey I have in the cab too, not as tempting to break in.

funny thing is, this is the only time in over a year that ive left the faceplate on the radio when i parked it. i think someone followed me and scoped out the truck. i got home around 10, went out for a smoke around 11:30, and all was well at that time. you cant see my truck from the street when its in that spot so someone must have known it was there.

well, at this point im just Hasta so im kinda over it. i wont be putting another system in the jeep, its just too easy to get into. ive got a buddy that puts alarms and stereos in for a living and ive already got an appointment with him to get a paging alarm put in so next time this happens (and it will, living in LA) i'll know right away my keychain will beep and i'll be down there with the .45 and a big ass smile on my face.

-mike

GrimmJeeper said:
ive got a buddy that puts alarms and stereos in for a living and ive already got an appointment with him to get a paging alarm put in so next time this happens (and it will, living in LA) i'll know right away my keychain will beep and i'll be down there with the .45 and a big ass smile on my face.

-mike

I have the Viper alarm that has that. pretty cool although it doesnt transmit the signal as far as they claim.

just went out and tried to start the jeep, i was going to move it to my moms house to stash it in her garage till i can get a window...... and no start. look under the dash and ive got a pile of chopped wires. i think they tried to bypass the killswitch and take the whole truck, but couldnt get it going. now ive got about 15 wires chopped that ive got to find matches for and try to piece back together. ugh:rattle:

-mike

Hey Mike,

I have a dash cluster bezel that you can have. It looks like they broke yours. I'll be in your area early Saturday morning and late Sunday afternoon.

Send me a PM if you want it.

GSequoia said:
Damn man your luck keeps getting better!

Have a beer.

Hell.

Have a keg!

just crawled under the jeep to take a look on a hunch after the voltmeter showed i got all the wires hooked back up under the dash to get her cranking... and surprise surprise the #%!#%^* starter wire is cut. i dont have any 2g butt connectors laying around so i guess she's stuck where she is.

so sequoia, you buying?

-mike

That sucks man. I've been there with my old YJ and my work truck. Apartments suck ass no matter what kind of gated "security" they have. Glad to have a house now. Subs, amps from the YJ and about $8000 worth of tools from the truck.

Kyung

GrimmJeeper said:
just crawled under the jeep to take a look on a hunch after the voltmeter showed i got all the wires hooked back up under the dash to get her cranking... and surprise surprise the #%!#%^* starter wire is cut. i dont have any 2g butt connectors laying around so i guess she's stuck where she is.

so sequoia, you buying?

-mike
Disconnect the battery! That starter wire is +, but you probably new that.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
Disconnect the battery! That starter wire is +, but you probably new that.

Kyung

i know, i just took both the batteries out in case the f#!@@rs come back tonight, i dont want them getting thier filthy hands on my optimas

i know 12v wiring pretty well i used to put alarms and stereos in for a living for about 6 years.

Sorry to hear what happened to your Jeep Mike. Hope this thread if nothing else helps to reinforce the club spirit. I know it will not get your stuff back, but know we will help in anyway we can.
Russ

well, got the jeep running again today. and got the ac control unit from sequoia, had a buddy come over with some thick cable and some loop ends and just made a new cable. now my NSS is acting up UGH! its never ending.:smsoap:

i bought my jeep so i would have something to do every night for the rest of my life.

or so it would seem:dunce:

at least they didnt take her away:kissyou:

thanks to everyone that's offered to help me out, this is what makes a club more than just a bunch of weirdos talking to eachother on the internet thanks

three cheers for :NAXJA:

that sucks atleast it happend on a friday so u had the weekend to try to fix what u can same thing happend last year while i was in school in my honda i used to drive around except they just busted the door lock until it opened and they didnt have a torx wrench they nicely smashed my amp and left it by the car cause they coudlnt get it off the box............hope they catch the bastards

That sucks man..someone smashed my passenger side rear window 2 years ago when I was living in Jersey City...took my stereo and some cash I had in my center console... Funny thing was the lock on that door didnt work! If those idiots had just tried to open the door I coulda save the money I had to shell out for the window! Oh yeah, they left all my CD's in the car...guess they didnt like Country and Guns N Roses :)

Hopefully this'll help: Buddy of mine got his camaro stollen several years back. Recovered it misssing rims hood seats injectors etc. but all was disconnected neatly. Ins. company totalled the car and put it up for auction. My buddy sent his buddy (and friends) to the auction to see who bought it and follow them. They wind up at a shop, wait 'til they hear the air tools fire up and walk in as the scum bags are re assembling the car with the parts they pulled off the first time they had it. (paid $1500 at auction and got clean title, bastards.) Story ends with the guy who got off easiest acquiring a permanent limp. There's a little justice out there. Sorry for the loss GrimmJeeper, I've been hit but never that hard.

Cherokid

Back