• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start, no fuel pressure/bad fuel pump?

Saga continues. After testing and getting no spark I ended up replacing the cap and rotor. The rotor ended up being bad and now I have spark. The jeep finally started today using starting fluid. The pump is still not working so now I'm down to two possibilities: either the pump itself is bad or something is keeping the pump from kicking in. I did try to jump the module again by connecting the relay pins 87 and 30. According to my fsm the pump should be active now but it still does not come on. Can someone confirm that means the pump is bad? Thanks

Well, so far so good. Tested all the electrical connections including the pigtail under the jeep at the fuel pump. When the ignition is switched on I am getting voltage for a few seconds to the second set of pins so that leaves the pump being bad. I am starting to

Fuel pump has been replaced and after a few minutes of priming and purging air out of the rail it finally started. How about that: fuel pump and CPS bad at the same time.

Fuel pump has been replaced and after a few minutes of priming and purging air out of the rail it finally started. How about that: fuel pump and CPS bad at the same time.

...and the cap and rotor too.

Back