• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no front defrost

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
I have a issue with my 99 cherokee sport. on most days that I try to use my defrost for the windshield and it doesnt work. I hear the blend door switch to the frost position but no actual air comes out to frost the window the air does come out of the vents for the side windows. so is this a common problem for xjs and is there a way to fix it. it will work everytime that i dont need it and the times i do, doesnt work at all. hope the dash doesnt have to come out for it.
Thanks
Jhery

You'll probably have to take the dash apart. Sounds like a vent dislodged itself.

Mine had the same problem- it hadn't slipped off but the actuating arm was broken. Remove dash, install screw and glue, install dash. It may be possible to fix with the dash in place but it's pretty tight back there. The dash comes right out if you know what you're doing and don't disconnect every single nut, bolt, screw and panel that you see. :)

Back