• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Dash Lights

bluebullet6

NAXJA Forum User
I did a little searching and couldnt find the same problem... My headlight switch got stuck in the off position (would not physically pull out). So i took the dash apart enough to remove the switch and replaced it with a new one. I found I had thrown the 40amp fuse in the relay box under the hood (I didnt disconnect the negative post :( whoops). I replaced the 40amp fuse and the headlights and new switch worked. But now i don't have any dash lights. The dimmer switch works enough to turn on the dome lights, but i have no light in the instrument cluster. I checked the 5 amp fuse in slot 19 on the fuse panel on the inside, and also the 15amp mini fuse in the relay box. both were good but i replaced them anyway. Still no dash lights. Is there any other fuse boxes or inline fuses that I've missed? Does the speedo/tach lights "plug in" somewhere where I could have inadvertantly unplugged it?

i'll check my contacts and rear running lights. i have brake lights for sure. but i'll double check the running lights. i'll keep yall posted. thanks!

Well if anyone was following this... I can chalk one up for being an idiot. I checked 4-5 fuses... slot 17, slot 19, slot 6 in the relay box etc etc... every fuse but slot 15, which was bad. replaced it and everything works great.

Back