• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie - Just got an MJ

what is the best gear oil for the ax15?
i used lucas oil and it has been progressively getting easier to shift, but i dont know what is the norm for these. mine was pretty hard to shift before, especially when cold.

Or get an AW4

I have been singing that song for a while...

ehh, my ax15 is holding up just fine after 217k. changed the oil and it's been slowly getting easier to shift over time.

but its still a manual, and it still has a clutch.

honestly, with a shift unit like the RA designs, or the montana auto, there is absolutely 0 reason to have a manual transmission.

I have been singing that song for a while...

but its still a manual, and it still has a clutch.

honestly, with a shift unit like the RA designs, or the montana auto, there is absolutely 0 reason to have a manual transmission.
i wont buy a car with an auto, takes away from the experience. i dont care if it's easier/faster, slower/harder. i think that's a pretty effin valid reason.

i wont buy a car with an auto, takes away from the experience. i dont care if it's easier/faster, slower/harder. i think that's a pretty effin valid reason.

thats not a valid reason to do anything...but thanks for trying.

and i can wear a skirt so i don't have to unzip when i pee. :)

go tell that to all the KOH boys. they are all running autos.

manuals are cool and all, I'm glad I can drive one, but they suck balls in the rocks.

thats not a valid reason to do anything...but thanks for trying.

go tell that to all the KOH boys. they are all running autos.

manuals are cool and all, I'm glad I can drive one, but they suck balls in the rocks.
i dont even see how you can say that's not a valid reason. why do you own a jeep? not because it's practical, but because you enjoy wheeling, right? to some people, wheeling is a waste of time and resources, and they probably think you're an idiot for not buying a camry instead.
Same with motorcycles. anyone who claims they're saving money is full of it, my mustang was cheaper to operate than my bike every year with everything factored in.
I like the manual trans, it makes it more exciting and challenging for me. and it certainly hasnt kept me from getting over anything, expecially given how unbuilt my jeep is. so i'll stick with it until i get tired of it. and i'm pretty sure there's a fair amount of people who feel the same way in here.
I frankly dont care if it's harder. If i wanted everything easy, i would take the bypasses around all the hard stuff on the trail.

i dont even see how you can say that's not a valid reason. why do you own a jeep? not because it's practical, but because you enjoy wheeling, right? to some people, wheeling is a waste of time and resources, and they probably think you're an idiot for not buying a camry instead.
Same with motorcycles. anyone who claims they're saving money is full of it, my mustang was cheaper to operate than my bike every year with everything factored in.
I like the manual trans, it makes it more exciting and challenging for me. and it certainly hasnt kept me from getting over anything, expecially given how unbuilt my jeep is. so i'll stick with it until i get tired of it. and i'm pretty sure there's a fair amount of people who feel the same way in here.
I frankly dont care if it's harder. If i wanted everything easy, i would take the bypasses around all the hard stuff on the trail.

its not that its harder, its that its not as capable. eventually, if you get into rockcrawling, once your jeep is built enough, you will realize how much a clutch sucks.

its not that its harder, its that its not as capable. eventually, if you get into rockcrawling, once your jeep is built enough, you will realize how much a clutch sucks.
i dont need to clear the hardest obstical on the trail to have fun, i just have to clear the hardest obstical my jeep in it's form is capable of.
i probably have more fun with my open difs and 31's than most of you guys with your 35's and lockers, for a hell of a lot less money.

now let me get back to work so i can finish installing my lockers :D

Same with motorcycles. anyone who claims they're saving money is full of it

Nope. Here you're full of it.

My KLR650 is cheaper to operate than all my cars. Insurance isn't very high on it, 45 mpg, and the maintenance isn't over the top.

Nope. Here you're full of it.

My KLR650 is cheaper to operate than all my cars. Insurance isn't very high on it, 45 mpg, and the maintenance isn't over the top.
then you must drive a dump truck lol
i've been riding for almost 12 years, your case is extremely rare, if your car is any way economical. Generally speaking, a small 4cyl car is cheaper to operate. i guess my jeep is not, although the insurance is about half of my bike's.

i dont need to clear the hardest obstical on the trail to have fun, i just have to clear the hardest obstical my jeep in it's form is capable of.
i probably have more fun with my open difs and 31's than most of you guys with your 35's and lockers, for a hell of a lot less money.

now let me get back to work so i can finish installing my lockers :D

I rather have a locker, make the obstacle, than to sit there frustrated to hell cause it's taken 30 mins to go up one rock.

:greensmok

Back