• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ, no $$$, any Ideas?

Sweet deal, I'll have to let you know. Much appreaciated!

:cheers:

Sweet deal, I'll have to let you know. Much appreaciated!

:cheers:
No worries, he lives in stanton so its on the way up to new port. Just gotta make sure its not on a weekend when I have my son. I get him 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend of every month.

Julio

sounds like a plan, A slower build makes sure you arnt chasing money. IE, spend money just to either build past it or go in a differnt direction after the moneys allready spent. most standard gearing in a 4.0 xj was 3.55. I dont know about the exploder.

Whats up Cliff?, Glad you found the site. I don't visit NAXJA much anymore but Santa told me you posted up a while ago.

Sounds like you have some huge plans for your jeep. I would really suggest that you put some recovery points on, cut your fenders, remove the front sway bar and just go out wheeling like it is on some easier trails (cleghorn, etc). If you have a good time then work on making it more reliable....if you don't have a ton of fun, least likely scenario, then build it up a bit more till you are happy but you would be surprised with what it can do with the equipment that you already have and you will almost always have a weak link somewhere so just because you have D60s or D44s doesnt mean you will be bullet proof. I am just as happy if not happier with my somewhat stock XJ than the old built-up YJ crawler because I can use it for mild trails, camping, and hauling stuff around on its roof.

We have a welder at the house and I'm sure that Santa would let ya use it. I'm gonna try to make it down in the next few weeks to build a roof rack for the XJ (my old one went into orbit on the 101) so we should plan on cutting the fenders and doing whatever else you need done. I'm pretty good at chopping fenders now so it wouldnt take more than an hour or so.

FYI: I just drove from Santa Barbara to Vegas to Monterey to Santa Barbara last week and averaged 17MPG for the trip running 32's, ~4" lift, and loaded down with gear and hitch-hikers including some romping in the dunes at Pismo.

My offer is still open for a sailing trip up here. We will have two hobie16s on the beach in a couple of weeks.

Oh yea......SWAY BARS ARE FOR XXXXXXS, take em off and throw em away. It handles just fine on the road and I have not missed them at all.

-KG

Whats up Cliff?, Glad you found the site. I don't visit NAXJA much anymore but Santa told me you posted up a while ago.

Sounds like you have some huge plans for your jeep. I would really suggest that you put some recovery points on, cut your fenders, remove the front sway bar and just go out wheeling like it is on some easier trails (cleghorn, etc). If you have a good time then work on making it more reliable....if you don't have a ton of fun, least likely scenario, then build it up a bit more till you are happy but you would be surprised with what it can do with the equipment that you already have and you will almost always have a weak link somewhere so just because you have D60s or D44s doesnt mean you will be bullet proof. I am just as happy if not happier with my somewhat stock XJ than the old built-up YJ crawler because I can use it for mild trails, camping, and hauling stuff around on its roof...

-KG

Well I knew you'd get around to finding me here.

I'm doing a junk yard run tomorrow to see what I can find. I'm hoping to find a rear end, my 35 is leaking from everywhere and I don't want to spend the $$$ to fix when I can upgrade. I'll keep you posted on what I find and then go from there. As for cutting the fenders, go right ahead, I was planning on doing that some time soon anyways. if you're down any time soon give me a holla and if we don't end up wrenching, we can at least get some beer and have a good afternoon, see you soon.

-Cliff

So, this weekend was a bit successful, I now have a rear-end to replace the 35. I couldn't find a 44, but there were a ton of 60's and corp. 14's, but I resisted the urge to go full width...for now. I have to figure out what gears it has, and will most likely need to match the front to it, or re-gear both. I'll try and take some pics this weekend as I clean it up and dismantle it.

Now i need to go buy some steel and start welding some $#!t together. Still haven't figured out the gas mileage thing, unless the O2 sensor is bad, my gas tank drains like there's no tomorrow.

Heh...I guess the only ones bragging are the lucky few who got 4.10s then...:D

Heh...I guess the only ones bragging are the lucky few who got 4.10s then...:D

That's probably true. I unfortunately pulled one out of a 2wd so it's probably not 4.10s, but that can change. I just hope it's a LSD minimally, we shall find out this weekend when I dig into it and start taking it apart. I shall take some pics to show ya'll what I got for $275!

$275 from the junkyard?.....I hope its gold plated. I'll be building the roof rack Saturday if you wanna stop by my dads house (still across from vanguard)

That's probably true. I unfortunately pulled one out of a 2wd so it's probably not 4.10s, but that can change. I just hope it's a LSD minimally, we shall find out this weekend when I dig into it and start taking it apart. I shall take some pics to show ya'll what I got for $275!

$275 from the junkyard?.....I hope its gold plated. I'll be building the roof rack Saturday if you wanna stop by my dads house (still across from vanguard)

I was hoping to find one at ecology because they were having a 50% off sale, but they had crap, so I went to pick-you-parts and was there for 30 min in-n-out. It's rather clean, but they charge for everything, brake cables, calipers, you name it. i think it's worth it when I just read a forum where a guy got one with drums, all rusted out for around $400. I was going to be tearing mine apart this weekend, but I think I'm getting sick along with the rest of the fam. we shall see

Back