• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New M416 trailer.

I'll be in dallas friday morning. (florida to oregon)

But im affraid the ol' turbo sedan i'll be in, dont have a tow package.

I would like to know where that small propane tank came from...

DSC05204.jpg

I've got one of those, worked great for years until it had to have a new "safety device" valve installed--only works on very low flow equipment now, anything high flow and it thinks its broken and cuts off the propane. Stupid laws.

How much different is the size of the 416 compared to a 101?

I've got 101's all over the place here, between Ft. Bragg and Camp Lejeune, for $150.

Your probably referring to the American 3/4 ton M101, unlike SWAMPMANS Canadian 1/4 ton M101.

Heres the dimensions. Most consider it a bit big and heavy for a midsized SUV.

DIMENSIONS
Overall:
Length .................................................. ............................147 in. (373.38 cm)
Width .................................................. ............................73.5 In. (186.69 cm)
Height of Chassis .................................................. .................35 in. (88.9 cm)
Height of Cargo Trailer (M101A2 and M101A3):
Empty............................................. .....................................83 in. (210.82 cm)
Loaded............................................ ....................................79 In. (200.66 cm)

Cargo Body (Old Style):
Length............................................ ...................................76 in. (193.04 cm)
Width .................................................. ...........................65.5 in. (166.37 cm)
Height .................................................. ...............................18 in. (45.72 cm)
Tread .................................................. ..............................72 in. (182.88 cm)
Cargo Body (New Style) (M101A2 and M101A3):
Length............................................ ......................................100 in. (254 cm)
Width .................................................. ...........................73.5 in. (186.69 cm)
Height .................................................. ..........................19.84 in. (50.39 cm)

TOWING INFORMATION
Towing Attachment .................................................. ...............Drawbar Coupler
Towing Vehicle .................................................. ...............CUCV Series, HMMWV
Series, 2-1/2 Ton series,
5 Ton series

WEIGHTS
Payload (Maximum):
Cross-country .................................................. ...................1500 lb (681 kg)
Highway .................................................. .......................2250 lb (1021.5 kg)
(Personal note. I've towed 3,000 lb many times with no problem)

Empty:
Wheels .................................................. .........................1225 lb (556.15 kg)
Front Support Leg............................................... ................115 lb (52.21 kg)
Total 1340 lb (608.36 kg)
With Payload:
Wheels
Cross Country........................................... ....................2640 lb (1198.56 kg)
Highway .................................................. .....................3360 lb (1525.44 kg)
Front Support Leg
Cross-country........................................... ............................200 lb (90.8 kg)
Highway .................................................. .........................230 lb (104.42 kg)
Total
Cross-country........................................... .....................2840 lb (1289.36 kg)
Highway .................................................. ......................3590 lb (1629.86 kg)

so you figure out what the old trailer was yet?

I've always wondered why the military never had those made with a functional tail gate..... I suppose boxed up supplies and ammo and what not were the main cargo, probably never dirt, rock or other cargo that would need to be shoveled/dumped out........ :dunno:

There is no tailgate for floatation. Filled to the rated 500 lb capacity the trailer will float across a rover (with drain plugs closed, of course). I don't really mind the lack of a tailgate for mine but one day I might make an adventure body for it (the tub is bolted onto an M416, not welded on like an M100).

i have pics somewhere of guys paddling some trailers across a river but this will have to do for now/IMG]

I want those pics!

Two questions Ryan...

Did you ever determine if it was the M416B for the Mighty Mite or not?

Did you notice any change in fuel economy after pulling the RTT off the Jeep and putting it on the Adventure416?

Back