• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Front Axle

Well all that can be accomplished with stock axles.If your that worried get a HP D30 for the front.Alot of the rest is bling.How much lift and what size tire are you going to run.Alot of what you want to do could easily be done over time in steps.For the rear an 8.25/8.8/D44 are all close in strength and wont cost much to build.

I have an 8.25 in the rear...not worried about that....to me, there's more in the front axle that can break and cause problems.....

yes, I dont have to do it all at once...but if i can get a HP44 housing to start with, i can always get the hub conversion etc later on...

heck i got a hp 30 for sale, just been geared with yukon 4;56's, auburn ected locker, outter axle tube seals, new brakes, track bar mount moved up for over the knuckle steering, knuckles drilled for heims, yoke for the u bolts instead of straps, beefed up lower control arm mounts, brand new upper control arm bushings, i think thats all. rear 8.25 29 spline, detroit true trac, 4;56, new brake shoes, heavy duty shock mounts, gosh i think thats all. all gears and everthing were installed about 3 months ago and have less than 3k miles on them. only reason im sellin is because im going one ton. oh yeah i guess my tie rod nd drag link are for sale also since i cant use them any more, 1.25" solid with 3/4 5/8 heims. i have way over $1800-$2000 in just parts and no labor so this is a deal to somebody that needs it. axles $1700

JNickel101 said:
I have an 8.25 in the rear...not worried about that....to me, there's more in the front axle that can break and cause problems.....

yes, I dont have to do it all at once...but if i can get a HP44 housing to start with, i can always get the hub conversion etc later on...
If you had a HP D44 housing you would already have hubs.Spend your money ONLY where needed(suspension first).I still run stock steering at 6"(tweaked a little).

RCP Phx said:
If you had a HP D44 housing you would already have hubs.Spend your money ONLY where needed(suspension first).I still run stock steering at 6"(tweaked a little).

how would I already have hubs??? If I just get a housing from inner C to inner C.....?

Back