• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Ebay Lift, This looks scary

Well it gets even better guys, he called my house, and left a message with my wife that I need to return a call to "Florida State Deputy Sherriff Dept" regarding internet slander.

Well I said, this should be fun.

So I called the (what I thought was) the police station back. Nope...him at home =) . He claimed what I was doing was illegal "meh" I said. I explained that I, and MANY other people online have ligitimate concerns about this product, and the fact that is it un-safe to use in any capaciaty. He claimed that they are solid, quality peices, and that is father in law uses the same rear block on a chevy dually or something, and tows with them.

Anyway, I told him that I would be more than happy to eat my words, I said to send me the lift, I'll install it on one of my cherokee's, then BEAT THE BAG OUT OF IT one day and see if it hold up. I said that I would do an honest write up on it. Which I will, if I ever see the lift

Anyway, that's my story for the night, fun phone call. He claimed that he has seen my name associated with this "slander" for a month, when I said no! it was ONLY today, here on NAXJA and one other site that we don't mention here (evidentally). He then claimed "Someone must be impersonating you" Ya, that's likley.

I'm still upset about it, what a dolt. I would LOVE to know which Jeep dealerships are installing these on new TJ's, that's just a hoot.

I told him to get a user name here and prove us all wrong......

At least I suppose he had the nut to call me, not like the sped that keeps giving me rubys for saying "JU" (leave your name next time) I guess your not allowed to do that here. Thanks to those that actually saw what I was typing to do, and using all avenues to do it, I enjoyed the brief bliss of having an emerald.

Todd

Last edited:
Im one of the suckers that bought and paid for that piece of crap.
That email that Jeep1947 posted was me. I am just tired to that crap,
and anything you guys could do to get that crap off of Ebay would be incredible for anybody else that gets screwed into buying one.
Oh, and they are completely hallow, there are now supports or brackets...just the nubbin to fit the spring.

Matchuxj said:
Im one of the suckers that bought and paid for that piece of crap.
That email that Jeep1947 posted was me. I am just tired to that crap,
and anything you guys could do to get that crap off of Ebay would be incredible for anybody else that gets screwed into buying one.
Oh, and they are completely hallow, there are now supports or brackets...just the nubbin to fit the spring.
Got pics and measurements? Sounds like quite a writeup...

Here's the latest e-mail:

Have we had any luck removing the comment? I did not realize that you included our business email address on the forum. This needs to removed immediately!!! If you cannot provide proof that it has been removed within 24hrs we are going to proceed with legal action.

Your "sample" lift is being be sent out today do with it as you please

And my responce:

Come on Jerry, your e-mail is public info if you post it on your
website for all to see. I could have just posted your website instead,
these people would have found your e-mail. Have you read any of the
posts? I'm obviuosly not alone here. Please, get a user ID on the
forums Jerry, prove everyone wrong, post the name of the jeep
dealerships that install these on new TJ's, post your complete
business name, so (while we're threatening) people can call the
Florida State BBB.

Why would you bother pursuing legal action anyway, none of the sheep
on ebay will read these forums, if they did they wouldn't buy your
product.

Todd

Frankly I'm amazed, and thanks to the guy from ebay that actually bought this, and letting up know that they are totally hollow.

Todd

Man... this makes me want to buy something from the seller just so I can leave a warning to other people that want to buy this crap. If I had extra money I would and I wouldnt take back my feedback. There is no reason that the sales of something so utterly unsafe should be allowed on eBay. I hope this guy does get sued. I think its funny that hes threatening with what seems to be fake lawyer calls and calls from the police department.

NHxj4x4 said:
Here's the latest e-mail:

And my responce:

Frankly I'm amazed, and thanks to the guy from ebay that actually bought this, and letting up know that they are totally hollow.

Todd

About the better business bureau, with out writing a long post here, you want to pursue stuff through the attorney generals office. I am a member of the BBB. People get confused, its not a bureau in the sense that it is a part of the government like the FBI, BATF. The BBB is a group of MEMBER responxible business owners, and when you patronize a MEMBER of the BBB you have a ear to complain to. You get a mediator if the BBB cant resolve the conflict etc. This guy is way beyond the formalities of the BBB. He is approaching criminal stuff. The BBB can't help you unless he is a member you can get your money back through mediation.

Last edited:
i bought this setup also , i ditched the rear blocks but kept the front . that is after i drilled a hole to mount the spring hold down to keep the spring from moving .

and yes i was trying to get out cheap ! , this guys shipping is $21 but when you get it it only cost $8 .

i guess you learn as you go .

More, this keeps getting better:

His reply:

While we are being truthful....our business name is "Billet Lift" and we haven't sold a single item in two days. We are an Ebay gold member seller. This means we must average over $10,000 per month in sales. This makes you liable for approx. $600.00 per day in revenue for our losses from your false, unproven statements and it will continue to accumulate.

We spoke on a recorded line last night when you advised you were responsible for the comments and you would have them removed. Are you now recanting?

You are in violation of Federal Law (The Communications Decency Act) which is an arrestable offense. This is ridiculous. I believe I am not getting through to you. Your emails will no longer be responded to and you can direct any further comments to (his lawyer) at ****@aol.com .

My responce:

What's ridiclious Jerry is that you didn't take enough time to find
this: http://www.epic.org/free_speech/CDA/cda.html

My 2nd responce:

Man it just keeps getting better and better:

"There are currently twelve states that
require that all parties to be notified if a conversation is being
recorded. These states are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois,
Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire,
Pennsylvania and Washington. (See
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/intro.html for more information.)"

Your recording is useless. Enjoy.

Todd

I'm in New Hampshire, he's in Florida BTW, just comical.

I think we've found a vendor that finally beat out PUV in the "Crappiest Product" award... only because Billet Lift is actually putting out product!

How much shipped to 63385? $21?

:hang:

NHxj4x4 it sucks that you are taking all the flack and having to put up with this @$$ hole. Someone on this forum has to be a lawer or know one well, let us know from a lawers point of view what the sellers situation is. In other words does anybody have anything to wory about from saying his lift is shit. Also maby it would be a good idea to bombard this guys email from everyone letting him know how unsafe is lift is. Just a thought (I LOVE to piss people off who piss me off).

jeep1947 said:
NHxj4x4 it sucks that you are taking all the flack and having to put up with this @$$ hole. Someone on this forum has to be a lawer or know one well, let us know from a lawers point of view what the sellers situation is. In other words does anybody have anything to wory about from saying his lift is shit. Also maby it would be a good idea to bombard this guys email from everyone letting him know how unsafe is lift is. Just a thought (I LOVE to piss people off who piss me off).

That would be cool with me, never hurt to double check. I'm no lawyer but I'm decent at figuring things out, his only 2 legal points I already proved to be false. I don't mine dealing with the flack, I started it out of a ligitimate concern, not trying to be a punk, just concerned for other Jeepers.

Todd

jeep1947 said:

He is baseless. I am not a lawyer, but consumer reports, popular science, polular mechanics, all the car mags, all the truck mags, the computer mags etc review products. What a joke. The detroit news reviews a new car every week, the writer and his wife do a column and he writes for automobile mag too. He lives right by me. He has been doing this for twenty years. Am i to belive that all the reviews he gave of cars and DIDN'T give them great reviews he was sued for damaging the companies sales.

Lastly how could he proove anything. Whoop dee doo two days and no sales. How can you draw a conclusion that your sales are related directly and soley to someones posts here on NAXJA and JU ? If that IS TRUE .... THEN HOW DID YOU SELL PRODUCT BEFORE? DUUUUUUR now maybe he can see the hol ein his logic. You can't bill anyone for that what a moron.

That is exactly what I thought, but I just wanted to see if an actual lawer had any input. Both to just confirm that he cant do anything to any of us and to mabey let us know what we should do to stop him from selling the lift or force him to change it to make it stronger.

Quote from Jerry
"While we are being truthful....our business name is "Billet Lift" and we haven't sold a single item in two days. We are an Ebay gold member seller. This means we must average over $10,000 per month in sales. This makes you liable for approx. $600.00 per day in revenue for our losses from your false, unproven statements and it will continue to accumulate."

So this guy has the nerve to tell you that because everyone on here talkes about his unsafe product, he hasn't sold a SINGLE item. How many different vehicles does he sell these kits for? I'm sure that every single buyer for every single vehicle saw this and decided not to buy his crap. Plus $600 a day for a month is $18,000. I would be willing to make a bet that he doesen't make $18K a month on that junk.

NHxj4x4 said:
Well it gets even better guys, he called my house, and left a message with my wife that I need to return a call to "Florida State Deputy Sherriff Dept" regarding internet slander.

I would call the local sheriffs dept and inform them that you received a call from this number and it was someone impersonating a officer of the law.

I BET they'd be at his house in about 5 minutes.

Internet slander / liebel ? happens all the time...MOVEON.ORG comes to mind.

Tell the old man to get his attorney to send you the papers. Give him your address, and then forward the whole thing to your state attorney general. This could be FUN. Roll with it.

New one, now were on to the pity approach:

His responce :

Do you have a purpose in what you are attempting to do? Why do you insist on ruining the good name of our business?

My responce:

It's not personal Jerry, their a dangerous product, plain and simple, sorry man.

The front ends in Cherokee's are pretty sensitive, you putting a tack welded peice of AL on the TOP of the coil seat, it's NOT bolted to the tower, the coils is NOT bolt to your spacer, what would happen if someone maxed out their suspension, popping the coil out, or popping your unit out. It wouldn't be pretty. Plus you telling people that there's nothing else to change, which is not the case Jerry. I won't even go into what a hollow AL block can do!

Look, you still have plenty of bids on your items. There is no way in hell that you haven't sold anything in 2 days, nor is there anyway in hell that you sell $10K per month, you usually only have 15 or so auctions going, at lets say (and this is an overshot) $100 a pop, that's only $1500, on any given 7 day cycle, which is around $6000, but where does the other $4000 come from? Look that's besides the point, my point is your claims to what these posts have done are crap, there's no way, with as many bids as your stuff still have right now, that ebay people are reading these.

Anyway Jerry, I hope you own up to some of this, and like I said in the past, I hope for your sake no one gets hurt. Several of your customers have already posted on the forums as to how un-safe this product really is. Including the guy that left you this "Lift was unsafe....Blocks collapsed under weight of my jeep..DONT BUY!!!!!!" and then retracted it, after you tried to sue him for slander as well, get real.

Todd

Last edited:
ruining HIS business ? He said someone ELSE made them for him, and he peddles them. It's not HIS business. If I pimp Champion spark plugs is Champion MY business ? Nope.

I'd like to see his business license. I bet he doesn't have one in any of the 50 states.

Back