• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Ebay Lift, This looks scary

NHxj4x4 said:
One of the guys on JU is actually an Ebay employee and this is what he does, so, this should be bubbled up REALLY quick. So thanks to the fawktard that gave me negative rep for even mentioning JU, how do you like these apples?

Todd

i guess i am an EBAY noobie what does "bubbled up REALLY quick" mean ?

motorcityxj said:
i guess i am an EBAY noobie what does "bubbled up REALLY quick" mean ?

Getting the seller banner basically, or at least not letting him sell this poop anymore. Bubbled up, kinda a univesal term for getting your request up the ladder to someone that can actually do something about.

Todd

He refunds their money.

Disappointed w/ quality; return policy would cost me $39; $8 actual ship; not$21

Reply by jerryandmyrtie: Buyer refused to accept a refund !!!
I sent one of the buyers an email to see what happened. In his feedback it said (quote) Lift was unsafe....Blocks collapsed under weight of my jeep..DONT BUY!!!!!!(end quote) They are already falling apart, we have not heard the end of this yet. My guess is within the next couple of months we will have questions about why their 3" square tube aluminum lift fell apart.

Here is what I just wrote the seller:

Let me start off by saying that I hope your enjoying your stay on eBay, because I hope to make it a short one.Your fully aware that your selling a totally inferiour and most importantly dangerous product, yet you presist to do it, and pay people off to retract feedback. It's really upsetting that you are taking advantage of people, and frankly, putting their lives in danger.

Your lift kits are complete crap, and your a total fraud. I'm working with 2 online Jeep forums right now to get ebay to remove your products from auctions, of the people helping me one is actually an ebay employee, so the remainer of your stay should be short lived, might be time for a "clearance sale"

Let's take some quotes now:

"They are made from "6061" billet aluminum. The kit comes with two 3" billet aluminum coil spacers and two 3" billet aluminum lift blocks."

Bullshit, and you know it, billet by definition is something that is forged from a SOLID block of aluminum, it's pretty evident that these are not.

"This kit is designed to work with your factory suspension. You do not need to change anything on your stock suspension except your shocks and u-bolts. Everything else works great."

Bullshit, How about your rear brake line, your front brake lines, your control arm angle, your driveshaft (especially in 97+), and the fact that (assuming the blocks don't collapse 1st) that the leaf springs will be inverted in no time flat.

"If you like the way your Jeep rides now (stock) you will like the way it rides with this lift."

Please change this to say "If you Jeep already rides like shit, you'll love these, if your Jeep rides nice, I hope your looking for it to ride like shit"

"Your stock suspension stays the same, you are just enhancing it."

Wow, bullshit again, this is like saying Michael Jackson's face is the same, just enchanced.

Anyway, I truly hope for your sake that no one gets hurt using this crap, I also hope that any and EVERY Jeep that has this installed on it fails inspection, so none of the other people on the road are at risk.

Sleep tight,

Todd Maillet

I hope he responds, I'll post whatever he says if he does.

Todd

I'll bet yah the "blocks" won't survive the recommended torque for the u-bolts without collapsing outright. Never mind the thought of flexing under a load!!! What a crap product :lecture:

The sad thing is....the uninformed and uninitiated buy these products either from believing "they wouldn't let anyone sell a hazardous product"....or from an internal motivation to ignore the possibility of the product NOT working as advertized.

This is the fundamental basis for many criminals that are completely without morals or ethics....their justification is that "if they are stupid enough to buy it, I deserve to get their money".

The good thing is their reputation eventually puts an end to the current venture.

he isn't anymore a manufacturer than some one else doin booty fab in their own backyard. Ebay is all black market, don't need a business license or insurance to do business there. As always, its buyer beware, just glad that we could get together and hopefully do something about it. I don't think sending him nasty letters with cuss words are going to do any good, I would just delete them without reading them. My .02 cents.

nice enough guy, this is our conversation

Jerryandmyrtie: hello....sorry I was on the phone
davetheladiesman: what can you tell me about your lift kit?
Jerryandmyrtie: Which ones...we have several
davetheladiesman: the one for the cherokee
Jerryandmyrtie: Grand Cherokee or Regular
davetheladiesman: regular
Jerryandmyrtie: What would you like to know? We have two sizes 2" and 3"
davetheladiesman: are the spacers machined or do you weld them your self
Jerryandmyrtie: They are presses in a press
davetheladiesman: what kind of a press?
Jerryandmyrtie: Ther are 1/4 inch aluminum....hydraulic
Jerryandmyrtie: The front (patented mount on the bottom) coil spacers are "tigged"
Jerryandmyrtie: Itls not a weld...it is a machine that bonde the metal together without the need of wire.
davetheladiesman: alright, that answers some of my questions, thanks for your time.

Just got an email from a buyer back.
hey Dave,

After posting on the feedback that the lift was unsafe and that it had
collapsed, I recieved a call from thier lawyer, who told me that I was
responsible for all of thier lost profit due to my slanderous remark.
Im no mechanic, but I was working with competant people, and I like to
think that I know my way around my XJ just fine. It was my own fault
for buying such a cheap ass lift, but it was seriously a weak piece of
aluminum. It just buckled, and I hadnt even tightened down the Ubolts
completely before the side of the block started to bow out until it hit
the Ubolt itself. I also recieved a phone call from them telling me
that deposition papers were on thier way unless I removed my comment. I
understand I dont have any feedback either, but it was the first thing
I had ever purchased on eBay, and frankly, Im not sure if Ill ever buy
anything on Ebay again if it is going to cause me that much trouble.
Oh, and they charged me $21 for shipping when it was actually $9. Ive
decided to scrap the bullshit and go ahead and get a Rusty's offroad
4.5inch lift with a full spring pack. If you have any information that
you could give me about it, Ive only done basic maintainence on it so
far, but I know damn well how to install blocks. I didnt even bother
trying to put the spacers on after the blocks collapsed.

Thanks, Matthew S. Hines

After reading this all I could say was WOW, I e-mailed him back and refered him to NAXJA and gave him a couple of links to threads about real lift kits.

jeep1947 said:
Just got an email from a buyer back.
hey Dave,

After posting on the feedback that the lift was unsafe and that it had
collapsed, I recieved a call from thier lawyer, who told me that I was
responsible for all of thier lost profit due to my slanderous remark.
Im no mechanic, but I was working with competant people, and I like to
think that I know my way around my XJ just fine. It was my own fault
for buying such a cheap ass lift, but it was seriously a weak piece of
aluminum. It just buckled, and I hadnt even tightened down the Ubolts
completely before the side of the block started to bow out until it hit
the Ubolt itself. I also recieved a phone call from them telling me
that deposition papers were on thier way unless I removed my comment. I
understand I dont have any feedback either, but it was the first thing
I had ever purchased on eBay, and frankly, Im not sure if Ill ever buy
anything on Ebay again if it is going to cause me that much trouble.
Oh, and they charged me $21 for shipping when it was actually $9. Ive
decided to scrap the bullshit and go ahead and get a Rusty's offroad
4.5inch lift with a full spring pack. If you have any information that
you could give me about it, Ive only done basic maintainence on it so
far, but I know damn well how to install blocks. I didnt even bother
trying to put the spacers on after the blocks collapsed.

Thanks, Matthew S. Hines

After reading this all I could say was WOW, I e-mailed him back and refered him to NAXJA and gave him a couple of links to threads about real lift kits.

Well tell them its a federal crime to use the mail system and banking system to defraud consumers. You can see him in federal court. ALSO YOU CAN Subpoena his customer database when you have your lawyer file a class action lawsuit. Yeah we will see then if he has 1500 customers or not :rolleyes: . Then he can refund everyone, because this lift kit will not hold up to its billing as a "billet lift". Short and simple fraud. HE WILL LOOSE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AND HAVE TO REFUND A LARGE PART OF THE COST TO 1500 PEOPLE. :rattle:

If you don't want to do much work on your end just forward your billing and print out his ebay page and mail it to your states attorney general, and his states attorney general.

His lawyer .. if he even has one ... which is doubtful, will be plenty busy :lecture: :paperwork

Ohh yeah one more thing his lawyer said "slanderous" ? slander = Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
If YOU libeled HIM = A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation

Notice it says false. If you bought a kit and it failed you can say what ever you want. What a joke. I only took one law class. He is bluffing.

Just based on his reaction i would atleast pursue this to the extent of seeking action from the attorney general.

Last edited:
I talked to the lady.

JeEpPoWeRmJ [8:53 PM]: hello
Jerryandmyrtie [8:53 PM]: hello
Jerryandmyrtie [8:53 PM]: do I know you?
JeEpPoWeRmJ [8:53 PM]: no im asking regarding the lift kits for a jeep cherokee
Jerryandmyrtie [8:54 PM]: yes
JeEpPoWeRmJ [8:54 PM]: i was curious to know if they fit comanches
Jerryandmyrtie [8:54 PM]: we haven't had the opportunity to install any on Comanches.....sorry
JeEpPoWeRmJ [8:55 PM]: and they're 100% billet right? I always thought billet was one piece, not "tigged"
Jerryandmyrtie [8:56 PM]: Billet is a chemical process the metal goes through during fabrication. That is a common misconception that Billet is machined from a solid piece of material
Jerryandmyrtie [8:57 PM]: Billet gives the aluminum a higher tensile strength
Jerryandmyrtie [8:57 PM]: how do you explain "billet" grills? etc.
JeEpPoWeRmJ [8:57 PM]: do u sell billet grills too
Jerryandmyrtie [8:58 PM]: we have access to several machine shops in Florida....if you can get pics and specs we can have almost anything fabricated
JeEpPoWeRmJ [8:59 PM]: I have read in a few sources that these are unsafe for use on or off the road. What about the control arm lengths. I have read in a few placed that you will need longer control arms. Is that true or do they not have all the info?
Jerryandmyrtie [8:59 PM]: we do not fabricate the lift we have a contract with the machine shops that keep them fabricated for us
JeEpPoWeRmJ [9:00 PM]: could i have the contact info for that machine shop
Jerryandmyrtie [9:01 PM]: I will see if they mind that I give it out
JeEpPoWeRmJ [9:02 PM]: alright well feel free to email it to me when you hear from them. One last question, is the lift block for the rear made out of a hollow piece of alluminum or is there some kind of bracing inside that i cant see?
Jerryandmyrtie [9:03 PM]: Both....it is 1/4 inch thick aluminum with a solid one inch thick vertical brace in the center.
Jerryandmyrtie [9:03 PM]: My father has this dame lift block on the rear of his 3500 Dodge
JeEpPoWeRmJ [9:04 PM]: oh how is that secured in the middle of the block?
JeEpPoWeRmJ [9:04 PM]: is it tacked in there
Jerryandmyrtie [9:04 PM]: presses in VIA a hydraulic press
JeEpPoWeRmJ [9:05 PM]: oh alright, well it was nice getting some info from you, please send me the contact info for the machine shop because i have a few more questions that i wold like to ask have a great night
Jerryandmyrtie [9:05 PM]: thank you....Myrtie Elizabeth

EDIT:Thank god there are no MJ's running around with this death trap installed.

Last edited:
A quote from the website:
"This kit is designed to work with your factory suspension. You do not need to change anything on your stock suspension except your shocks and u-bolts. Everything else works great.X"

What a load of crap.

Anybody wanna buy some swampland in the Mojave??? I have a hunnerd acres.

i find all this absolutely rediculous, i cant believe this guy is getting away with this. i cant wait till he gets on instant messenger to have a word with him...im sure im conversation will be much more arrogant

ill be sure to post my convo with him

motorcityxj said:
Ohh yeah one more thing his lawyer said "slanderous" ? slander = Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
If YOU libeled HIM = A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation
Notice it says false. If you bought a kit and it failed you can say what ever you want. What a joke. I only took one law class. He is bluffing.
You're correct in this except that I don't believe it is limited to falsities. I'm pretty sure that is dependent on what jurisdiction you are in. In the most general sense, Libel is publication that damages a person's reputation. There have been many successful cases of libel fought and won where the statements made in the libelous publication were considered true by all accounts. The matter of decision is whether the reputation can be demonstrated to be damaged. In Canada Slander/Libel is one of the only areas of law where the burden of proof is on the defense, not the plaintiffs, in other words, it would be up to you to prove that they did not suffer damage to their reputation as a direct result of the libel. Which sucks.
:lecture:

I think they would definetly settle outside of court, because the suit about hurting the sellers reputation is not nearly as big as the fact that the defective equipment could have injured persons + false advertising + threatening customers and on and on.

Beej said:
You're correct in this except that I don't believe it is limited to falsities. I'm pretty sure that is dependent on what jurisdiction you are in. In the most general sense, Libel is publication that damages a person's reputation. There have been many successful cases of libel fought and won where the statements made in the libelous publication were considered true by all accounts. The matter of decision is whether the reputation can be demonstrated to be damaged. In Canada Slander/Libel is one of the only areas of law where the burden of proof is on the defense, not the plaintiffs, in other words, it would be up to you to prove that they did not suffer damage to their reputation as a direct result of the libel. Which sucks.
:lecture:

You may be right about canadian law, i have not clue what they do up there. But in the US i think you are safe. Any review be it online or paper mags of any product has the ability to damage sales. If the party bought a product, it broke and you say its a POS, i think you are very safe. The first ammendment protects your opinoion i.e. how much of a POS it is, and maybe why it failed and what you would buy if you could do it allover again.

If you could sue because someone gave less than favorable reviews to your product there would be about 30 guys on this board that RUSTY'S would have sued.

It doesn't make sense the canadian law... you can make crap and sell it, if someone raises a fuss you sue them (the customer) and get money?? WTF

Where is the incentinve to make a good product and to treat your customers nicely? More importantly WHY BOTHER WITH THE EXPENSE OF MAKING AND MARKETING a legitamite quality engineered product if you can sell junk then sue to recoup "imagined losses".

Good god my blood pressure can't handle this thread anymore. :mad:

Courtesy of Webster.com :

Main Entry: 3billet
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English bylet, from Middle French billete, diminutive of bille log, of Celtic origin; akin to Old Irish bile landmark tree
1 a : a chunky piece of wood (as for firewood) b obsolete : CUDGEL
2 a : a bar of metal b : a piece of semifinished iron or steel nearly square in section made by rolling an ingot or bloom c : a section of nonferrous metal ingot hot-worked by forging, rolling, or extrusion d : a nonferrous casting suitable for rolling or extrusion

I guess it probably was billet aluminum before it was extruded, hmmm....

I work in business where people periodically sue each other and threatening phone calls from lawers usually don't mean much. Especially lawers calling from other states. If I receive correspondence from an Attorney the first thing I do is look them up on the State Bar registry (online of course), not everone who says they're a lawyer actually is one.

Looks like these people have a lot of product out there and and want to control their liability exposure, and isolating unhappy customers from each other by theatening people to keep quiet about problems is an effective technique. Maybe Ebay can step in and contact all of their customers to follow up on their claims of product ride and quality and a pattern of failure would emerge that could be dealt with. I don't remember reading a single word about safety in their listing or on their website, they must believe that if they don't tell you it's safe that you have no reason to expect that it is!

Back