• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some axle install help this weekend

OK, I got at least one solid helper (victim) and a couple of "I will stop by if I can". I appreciate everyone and anyones help. I have to get the front axle done tomorrow or it's NO Big Bear for me.

We plan on starting around 10:00 ish in the morning.. address is in the thread.

:repair: :repair: :repair:

rpraterxj said:
OK, I got at least one solid helper (victim) and a couple of "I will stop by if I can". I appreciate everyone and anyones help. I have to get the front axle done tomorrow or it's NO Big Bear for me.

We plan on starting around 10:00 ish in the morning.. address is in the thread.

:repair: :repair: :repair:
While I can't stop by I did drop off the tools with Johnny :D Anyways you should have no excuses as it doesn't take that long to swap axles over ;) Btw, did you remember to spray all your nuts? :D :D

Kejtar said:
Anyways you should have no excuses as it doesn't take that long to swap axles over

Just great! You've jinxed us now.

Kejtar said:
While I can't stop by I did drop off the tools with Johnny :D Anyways you should have no excuses as it doesn't take that long to swap axles over ;) Btw, did you remember to spray all your nuts? :D :D

I would ask you not to ask about my nuts....:)

I have had the front end apart 3 times ine the last year. I am hoping for the best, but being very cautious.

Thanks for dropping that off with John.

Kejtar said:
did you remember to spray all your nuts? :D :D
Kejtar likes to spray his nuts as often as posible, like every time he has them out :D:D

Thanks to Kyung and Johnny, my D30 is in!!!!

Also a thank you to Remi and Mike P. for the use of their ball joint tools.

Kyung is very knowledgable about the install of and set-up of the front end. Johnny was a great assest as always, of course, he ate all of the pizza!!!

Thanks for Grant stopping by as well, and lending a hand.

Now just a few tweeks and adjustments before Big Bear this coming weekend!

Thanks again guys!

Robert

Last edited:
rpraterxj said:
Know just a few tweeks and adjustments before Big Bear this coming weekend!
To the spell checker? :D :D :D

Cool! Good to hear that all's in and good. Don't forget to check your balljoint nuts after a few days (by hand should be fine for a basic check). I had the lower ones loosen up on me cause things slightly settled in and well, they ended up with some slack.

Kejtar said:
To the spell checker? :D :D :D

Cool! Good to hear that all's in and good. Don't forget to check your balljoint nuts after a few days (by hand should be fine for a basic check). I had the lower ones loosen up on me cause things slightly settled in and well, they ended up with some slack.

What spell checker? :shhh:

The ball joint nuts loosened with the cotter pins?

I will be double checking everything before I head up Friday morning.

rpraterxj said:
The ball joint nuts loosened with the cotter pins?
The cotter pins will lock the nuts only to a certain points. Mine loosened just a hair so that they were clicking on the cotter pin (you get 1 degree or so play then in rotation).

rpraterxj said:
Johnny was a great assest as always, of course, he ate all of the pizza!!!

Isn't he a great flash light holder? He only drops the the flashlight twice in the course of an evening :D

Hey, I actually got dirty this time. Even got grease on the dome. And you know my motto..."Will work for food".

Clean-RC said:
Well it sounds like a good time by all at the Prater estate... I am glad that the axle is all done...:D

We knew you were with us in spirit.

For those of you who don'w, I have been plannig on gearing and locking for over a year and a half. Scott was patient with me and did an excellent job installing the gears and the rear D44 for me a couple of weeks ago.

A special thanks to Scott for ALL of his work and time.

I think he and Johnny have worked on my Jeep more than me :dunno:

Back