• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help...

The Culprit -
TS268.jpg

Thanks again to the advice here and especially to Cal for his time and mad mechanical skills :)

w00t.... she's ALIIIIIIIVVVEEEEEE

Steven

LiquidOps said:
Thanks again to the advice here and especially to Cal for his time and mad mechanical skills :)

Meh. If I werent having so many problems with my joints it would have gone alot easier, but I'm glad to see its running.

cal said:
Meh. If I werent having so many problems with my joints it would have gone alot easier, but I'm glad to see its running.

Are you rolling freehand or using one of those fancy machines?

=)

Anyways good work guys.

freehand, while driving with the windows down.. its the shielding from the wind while rolling with one hand only that gets me, i think.

Speaking of which, Rick..

You wanna roll over to Tom's this coming weekend and work on his lift/axles with me? :) Beer and dinner at a nice pub is on me. I'll be down there saturday morning and staying until its done.

-Cal

91906 area code.

RE 5.5" lift, new rear end, new front end, the new front end is housing/gears only we have to move shafts/outters/brakes from his old front end over (going lp to hp), balljoints and bushings, sye/driveshaft.

Should be simple enough. :)

9109234 whatever area code?
What is a dezert rat know about area codes?
I won't be able to help out this weekend, I am helping a
friend set up a new off-road shop in Indio.
Should be opening in June (just when it gets nice and warm out here)
I'll post up when I know for sure when he will have his grand opening...
free food!!
Rick R:guitar:

cal said:
91906 area code.

RE 5.5" lift, new rear end, new front end, the new front end is housing/gears only we have to move shafts/outters/brakes from his old front end over (going lp to hp), balljoints and bushings, sye/driveshaft.

Should be simple enough. :)

You better take a sleeping bag and pajamas. :laugh:

ok....

the saga continues...

replaced the Temperature Sending Unit... gauge still reads weird...

on the way home, it stopped between 1/2 and 3/4 mark. Engine is no way that hot. I got into my parking spot, sat for a minute before turning it off, and the electric fan, finally felt the engine was hot enough to come on....

so... what's left to check, to get my gauge reading acurrately....

Thanks...

Steven

LiquidOps said:
ok....

the saga continues...

replaced the Temperature Sending Unit... gauge still reads weird...

on the way home, it stopped between 1/2 and 3/4 mark. Engine is no way that hot. I got into my parking spot, sat for a minute before turning it off, and the electric fan, finally felt the engine was hot enough to come on....

so... what's left to check, to get my gauge reading acurrately....

Thanks...

Steven
Talk to Dan (Turner). IIRC he ended up adding a temp gauge cause he had some problems with his reading all funky. I recall reading something about an air bubble trapped that gets heated up faster causing weird readings. I suggest you ask in the OEM forum ;)

Back