• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help...

Once you get the head done, pick a weekend and see how it goes. I know i'm busy 4-8/9 and 4/22-23. In theory it can be done in a day, but you know how wrenching projects go.

I know there is something else planned for this weekend, but would April 8th or 9th work for a wrench Day in OC?

Let me know. I need to get back to wheelin!!!

Steven

SBrad001 said:
Na, there's a this radiator shop which got my mine for me. I think it's really nice too. Full width, all metal, etc. . . . I'll cruise over there and get a quote from them tomarrow. . . .

Any luck on the quote?

Thanks,

Steven

LiquidOps said:
I know there is something else planned for this weekend, but would April 8th or 9th work for a wrench Day in OC?

Let me know. I need to get back to wheelin!!!

Steven

Anyone?

puh puh puhlease??

Steven

That weekend I'll be up working on avery's junk. Do you have the parts yet?

Have you considered just running to same day cylinder head in anaheim, picking up a new head, and then returning yours for core later? We could swap it out pretty quick that way, probably at my house.

cal said:
That weekend I'll be up working on avery's junk. Do you have the parts yet?

Have you considered just running to same day cylinder head in anaheim, picking up a new head, and then returning yours for core later? We could swap it out pretty quick that way, probably at my house.

I already have a new head (well, one from the Junk Yard) Going to take it to get machined (2 day max turn around) and I need to find a radiator as well. plus all parts that go with it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Steven :repair:

Get all of your parts, and talk to me about a date. If needs be, i may be able to provide a location as well.

As far as a radiator goes, call "Gary's Radiator" in fullerton. He can build to oem spec or custom, i've had a few done there for some muscle cars or full size trucks i built before jeeps caught my eye.

Gary's Radiator Service, "A great place to take a Leak" (since 1954)
225 W. Truslow, Fullerton (off of Highland), 714-526-3367
Radiators, Air Conditioning. Accepts VISA/Master

-C

cal said:
Get all of your parts, and talk to me about a date. If needs be, i may be able to provide a location as well.

As far as a radiator goes, call "Gary's Radiator" in fullerton. He can build to oem spec or custom, i've had a few done there for some muscle cars or full size trucks i built before jeeps caught my eye.

Gary's Radiator Service, "A great place to take a Leak" (since 1954)
225 W. Truslow, Fullerton (off of Highland), 714-526-3367
Radiators, Air Conditioning. Accepts VISA/Master

-C

Thanks... I will give them a call.

Also... no matter where we do the work of the Jeep, I gotta tow it there :(

Steven :repair:

Does it not run at all? Or you just dont want to drive it far?

do you have the ability to tow it with ease?

-C

cal said:
Does it not run at all? Or you just dont want to drive it far?

do you have the ability to tow it with ease?

-C

I just need to rent a trailer. My dad's got a new F-150 with the 5.6 V8

Towing won't be the issue.

I don't want to drive it... don't want to make things worse

Steven

Right, I was just trying to judge the severity of the damage at the moment. I do my wrenching at my fathers house. If i have a running vehicle that needs a head changed show up on a trailer with a new head sitting there, its all smiles and giggles. If a completely disabled vehicle that /may/ be fixed by a head shows up, he gets worried about his driveway space. ;)

If your doing the radiator and head, buy a waterpump and thermostat, and hoses. Let's do it all at once.

-C

cal said:
Right, I was just trying to judge the severity of the damage at the moment. I do my wrenching at my fathers house. If i have a running vehicle that needs a head changed show up on a trailer with a new head sitting there, its all smiles and giggles. If a completely disabled vehicle that /may/ be fixed by a head shows up, he gets worried about his driveway space. ;)

If your doing the radiator and head, buy a waterpump and thermostat, and hoses. Let's do it all at once.

-C

It will run... just don't want to risk damaging more...

I want to do "Water Pump, T-Stat, Head (will be ready), Radiator, Hoses, Belts, Plugs and wires" all at the same time. Should I do the Timing Belt/chain while I'm at it?

Anything else you can think of while we're there?

Oh yeah... Need to add Oil and Oil Filter to my list.

Thanks for all this help!!

We can do it at my parents house (Driveway) but just need to make sure I have all the right tools.

Steven

Hey Steven, I got a radiator a couple weeks ago from 1-800 radiator. Found it on the internet, it's a step up from the factory 2 core, so it's a 3 core, and it only cost $150 bucks, and 2 bucks for shipping, delivered to your front door!! I'm really happy so far, it helped mine cool down. Then I got my upper and lower hoses from Napa for about 14 a piece. I was very happy with the radiator company, definitely recommend them. Good luck man, let me know if you use them, and if everything goes well.

Adam
[email protected]

adamusmc2002 said:
Hey Steven, I got a radiator a couple weeks ago from 1-800 radiator. Found it on the internet, it's a step up from the factory 2 core, so it's a 3 core, and it only cost $150 bucks, and 2 bucks for shipping, delivered to your front door!! I'm really happy so far, it helped mine cool down. Then I got my upper and lower hoses from Napa for about 14 a piece. I was very happy with the radiator company, definitely recommend them. Good luck man, let me know if you use them, and if everything goes well.

Adam
[email protected]

Thanks for the info man...

I've been warned to not go to the 3 core though... too tight of a fit?

Yes no?

Steven

ah, just saw your little thing below your name, 91 should be the same or easier than mine, not 100%, but I couldn't believe the cost, but no complaints so far.

Back