• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help! $

Pull both shafts out and lay them on the bench side by side and take a picture of them. Post it here. I'm guessing you have a snap ring in the wrong place?

I, too, need to put my hands on it...

That could be a possibility. I got my twins Birthday this weekend. Next weekend I got to Florida for the Nieces Graduation. What is your schedule like this week/weekend? I'm about 1:45 - 2 hours from you. Depending on this week and weekend I might could scoot up there and see if I can figure it out. Shoot me a pm with your times of when you are free.

Where are you again? I'm going to be doing business in the Gastonia/Charlotte area over the next week or 2. Would that be any closer? Heck, it would be worth it for me to make the drive if it fixed the issue.

Now the nut that holds the yoke on has thread issues. I've read online that Rugged Ridge has problems with this nut. I didn't ask for Rugged Ridge. I simply bought the mega short from Iron Rock Offroad and this is what I got. Looking back, maybe I would have gone a different route.

Where are you again? I'm going to be doing business in the Gastonia/Charlotte area over the next week or 2. Would that be any closer? Heck, it would be worth it for me to make the drive if it fixed the issue.

Now the nut that holds the yoke on has thread issues. I've read online that Rugged Ridge has problems with this nut. I didn't ask for Rugged Ridge. I simply bought the mega short from Iron Rock Offroad and this is what I got. Looking back, maybe I would have gone a different route.

I'm south of Charlotte about 1.5 hours depending on where you are there. Have you contacted IRO?

Success!!

I was able to stop by Tarheel 4wd Center in Charlotte, NC today. I spoke with Andy in the shop and he's the man. He knew all about the Rugged Ridge and other kits. Andy confirmed that unlike the stock shaft and many aftermarket SYE kits that keep/use the factory 3 snap rings, the Rugged Ridge mega short sye only retains the 1 ring that holds the gear on. The 2 snap rings that hold the bearing and shaft in the cone housing are no longer needed because the new housing already has the bearing with snap rings installed..

Andy also verified that the shaft is held in the proper position solely by tightening the yoke nut. Tightening the nut on the yoke pulls the shaft through the oil pump and holds it in the correct position.

Back