• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a trail leader on Sunday - SD

sounds like a challenge i like that, ive got 32'' maxxis and a procomp 3-4'' lift and lsd in the back maybe some hi lifting huh?

You could run sidewinder fine. But Roberts running this show, and he said lockers only.

But I understand where he's coming from. I've done sidewinder with one other guy 33's-35's. We were both locked and ran it in 30 minutes (and we even stopped for pictures). I've also done the trail open/open with 32's and a little bigger group. We started around 9am and barely made it to other side by lunch.

Robert, I know these trails very well. I usually run them several times a year. Been running them for years. Don't think I can go though.

The route I would take would be to warm up with sidewinder. It's a short trail, and run it entering at the 4-corners side (not the other campground side). Then go back around the loop and do Bronco starting with Bronco Peak Connector. And then do the Bronco Peak trail.

You'll want to do the Bronco Peak Connector and not Gunslinger. Gunslinger (as was said before) is a fire road basically. The Bronco Peak Connector is the hardest spot in all of Corral Canyon. You'll want to run that I'm sure. It's no where near some of the caliber of JV trails, but it's a pretty good rock garden.

Nice! Thanks Mike. Too bad you can't make this one. If things change, you know where we will be.

sounds like a challenge i like that, ive got 32'' maxxis and a procomp 3-4'' lift and lsd in the back maybe some hi lifting huh?

You should be fine. You have the lift, close enough tire size, and the LSD.

See you Sunday!

Nice! Thanks Mike. Too bad you can't make this one. If things change, you know where we will be.

Sure, check out the video. I just edited my post with a youtube link.

You should be fine. You have the lift, close enough tire size, and the LSD.

Bronco might give him a little trouble FWIW. But that's the beauty of starting with Sidewinder. It's short and a good warm up. If someone is having trouble with Sidewinder, it's probably best if they ride-a-long for Bronco. That's been my experience.

So I just got off the phone with Robert, and some unfortunate happennings have occurred. I'll let him relay the details, but needless to say, Robert and his buddy will not be making it down for the run tomorrow.

I don't know who all was interested in going, but if anyone still wants to run, chime in now. I'd be happy to meet anyone who wants to go out. The only requirement I would request is at least 32" tires and rocker guards or a lack of caring as to the body damage of your vehicle.

Without Robert and his friends, I don't plan on running Bronco Peak Connector, so we could run sidewinder first, then Bronco Flats to Bronco Peak....really depends on who, if any, want to go.

I was planning on going to bad about roberts accident, glad everyone is ok
if its on I will show I need to do a shakedown run after some changes

Thanks Mike. I am OK but the Jeep is not.

I have a post going so you can see the details.

You guys go and have a great tomorrow.

Well, really sorry you couldn't make it Robert. It turned out to be a good day, even though it kind of started off crappy.

I started up the Jeep only to notice the Christmas glow of the CEL. I figured it was probably nothing, the Jeep was running well, so I ignored it and headed out. As I was climbing the final two hills on the way out to the Buckman Springs exit, the Jeep started spewing white smoke out the exhaust and my rear window was coated with some sort of gunk. I figured I'd press on and stop at the exit to take a look at it....not to mention Gary was supposed to be there, so an extra set of eyes wouldn't hurt.

Well, as I finally pulled off the 8 onto the exit, sure enough, Gary was there with his hood up and cell phone in hand. My first thought, "Well this was a quick run!" {And being that NAXJA now has the "No BS Crew" and the "BSC"...I'm thinking Gary and I need to start our own group call the "CEL Crew" =D}Turned out he just has an issue with his IAC. My smoke appears to be the result of oil spewing from the sending unit and/or oil filter assembly.

So, other than a later start than expected, we figured the damage wasn't critical and headed on down the road. We hit 4 corners about just before 10am, aired down and headed off towards Sidewinder. After Sidewinder, we looped around to Bronco Flats and headed up and over to Bronco Peak {Holy crap, Mike! You weren't kidding....it's a friggin' highway now!} Being that I'm only locked in the front, a few well placed rocks were needed to get me up and over. We stopped and chatted with another group that had just made it up for a bit, took a brief break, and decided to head on out. It was at this point I looked at my watch and realized it wasn't even 12:30 yet. =) (I really love running with just a couple rigs!!!!) Neither of us intended to do Bronco Peak Connector, but Gary had a buddy with him, and we headed over just to show him the rock garden. It turns out they didn't just take the bulldozer up bronco peak but up the connector as well.

I have no doubt that we could have run it and headed out gunslinger to complete every trail available to us in CC, but unfortunately about 8 rigs were sitting at the top waiting on a CJ that had a busted drag link. So we backed out to the campground, aired up....met a couple folks and shot the sh!t with them while airing up (note to self: When buying an air compressor make sure to buy spare fuses and relays!). So after I burned up Gary's compressor, we managed to rig it by jumping the relay to get air in the other three of my tires. =)

I got home, and while some oil residue is apparent, it seems like whatever was causing the white smoke is no longer an issue.

So all in all, was a good day! And still got home in time to get some crap done. =) (Did I mention how much I love running with only a few rigs?!?!)

Hope y'all had an equally fun Sunday!

Good run Mike always good to wheel with a true wheeler.CEL is still glaring at me I will replace the IAT sensor even though its only a couple months old. That Temp thing is still plaguing me, ran close to the red line most of the way back.
oh well it's a Jeep-------------RIGHT------------

see ya

What's a CEL?

And that sucks about Bronco turning into a highway. Sounds like it needs some trail maintenance. It's supposed to be the hard trail. Kind of lame when people go in and stack it to the moon. If you don't have the capabilities to go on the hard trail, stick to the easier ones. Not to turn this thread into "one of those threads"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedashg
What's a CEL?

Check Engine Light =)
He knows that, as you probably know, Mike... He's just expressing pride in his Renix "OBD-NO" system!!

Heh, yeah, I have 3 vehicles from 89-91. My check engine light is the smoke/fluid/flames coming out from the hood.
Let's hope your CEL doesn't show up soon, then!!

Back