• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Rubicon event

So, what's happening on the date?

CO has put the ball in your court.........what are you going to do with it?

:D :D

OK, I'm going to pick August 14-21 as our 'Con trip. That includes two days on the front side for Fordyce, and two days on the backside for Barrett (give or take on both).

Jeep Jamboree is August 6-8. Jeepers Jamboree is July 30-August 1. Sierra Trek is August 7-10. Working around all that stuff is tough.

Depending on response, we'll need to get one of the group camps at the springs for a couple of days. I'd also like to spend some time up at Spider and Buck.

This can all be hashed out in a forum. By the way, how do we go about officially anouncing this shin-dig and getting a forum?

CRASH

Hopefully, we won't have "new family issues" on that date. We should know soon.

Unless we can set up a mobile maternity ward. :eek:

Dr. Hinkley. Paging Dr. Hinkley. Dr. Hinkley to the maternity ward.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

CRASH

From what I understand Dr. Hinkley isn't a good Doctor.

Crashitt, when would you ever have time for something like that!

Better stop building that Jeep NOW!

hinkley

XJCHUCK72 said:
I think Crash is nesting, getting all that Fab in time before the diaper/bottle time goes into full swing.

I hope you guys get some good news!!

After seeing Crash's rig... I wonder what the stroller is going to look like :D

If this come true, Crashitt won't have time for wheeling, all those Dr.s will be studying the first case of Male Pregnatcy (sp). :D

hinkley

Toss out a 'rubicon ready' list, so I know if I'm even close to rig-ready for this, kay?

CRASH said:
OK, I'm going to pick August 14-21 as our 'Con trip. That includes two days on the front side for Fordyce, and two days on the backside for Barrett (give or take on both).

Jeep Jamboree is August 6-8. Jeepers Jamboree is July 30-August 1. Sierra Trek is August 7-10. Working around all that stuff is tough.

Depending on response, we'll need to get one of the group camps at the springs for a couple of days. I'd also like to spend some time up at Spider and Buck.

This can all be hashed out in a forum. By the way, how do we go about officially anouncing this shin-dig and getting a forum?

CRASH

Call Mark Smith Enterprises (Jeepers Jamboree) 530-333-4771, they own the property and handle the reservsations. The lower camp site is Dirty Dozen. I have the gal's name some where, but can't put my hand on it at this moment, but it's Dora, Dorin....something like that.

We have to be careful about permit requirements. A call to the Forest Service would be in order. I wouldn't tell them much, just an inquiery about what the rules are. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to get a permit if we needed to, but if so, we need to get the process started ASAP. I do know that the requirement is for groups over 25, which we undoubtedly will be over, but I'm not sure about if that means that we're charging a fee or just organizing. Basically, ours is just a big club run.

Date looks good to me....no need to mess with the Jamborees.

Hopefully, congratulations will be in ordor for you and Britt......if not, you'll just have to keep trying. :D

Rubicon Ready:

One locker or two limited slips.

31" tires

Spare front axle shafts if you are running 260 joints.

Spare rear shafts if you have a Dana 35 or a 27 spline 8.25.

tow strap

tow points front and rear

T-case skid.

Appropriate gearing for tire size. For example: 31's could run stock 3.55's, 33's should have at least 4.11's, 35's should have 4.56's. Low T-case gears can make up for diff gearing deficiencies.

Spare tie rod and drag link if you are running 33's or larger and still have stock steering.

Stuff that is nice to have:

If you care about body damage, get some rocker skids. The 'Con LOVES to bite XJ rockers when running smaller lifts/tires.

Probably ought to have a bit of spare gas available if you want to run up to little Sluice and back a couple of times during the week.

CRASH

CRASH said:

CRASH

Do we get two nights at Barrett? Huh, Huh,huh? And have you worked it out with the CO boys as to how we wrap up things in CO and drive to CA so that we're all ready to do Fordyce on Sat? Hmmmm, Well?

I don't know if the CO boyz are going before or after us, to tell you the truth. The ball is now back in their court. :)

As I said, we'll have to work out how many nights at each the exotic destinations in a forum. I'm all for one night at Fordyce, and two at Barrett, and the remainder wherever I fall down.

CRASH

The CO trip will have to be the weekend before, as I see it. Grant will need to confirm that. That would make the CO trip Aug 8-14.

That'll be the week of my birthday. Crash, if you guys are 7 or 8 months along by then, I don't think it's prudent for you to be on the Con. Ask me how I know ;)

SeanP

WHAT THE HELL?????

DAMMIT, HAVE YOU BEEN POKING HOLES IN THOSE CONDOMS AGAIN??!!!???!???

:eek:

Back