• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Hollister run, APRIL 4TH

Count me in! No camping for me though, gotta work Sunday morning. See you all there...:wave1:

hopefully I can get my front end put together!
that guy that's gonna help me regear keeps having issues coming up...
I'd still like to come down though, anyone got a right seat open??
:D

Did anyone else hear about a chance of rain this weekend? Might just be in the bay area, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Unless something else comes up, I think I am in for this trip.

Did anyone else hear about a chance of rain this weekend? Might just be in the bay area, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Unless something else comes up, I think I am in for this trip.
All I see is 68 degrees and lots of :sunshine: on Saturday, with a breeze coming in at night dropping the temps down to 38. Windchill will be 27. So, those of you who will be camping, bring warm sleeping bags and plenty of wood. :flame:

Doubtful I'll make it but I am trying.

I need to:
-Get my rock sliders on
-Not end up going to Omaha for work
-Convince the G/F (and her bday is Thursday and were celebrating on fri)

So I have a lot of talking to do...

Doubtful I'll make it but I am trying.

-Convince the G/F (and her bday is Thursday and were celebrating on fri)

So I have a lot of talking to do...

OUCH good luck on that one :eeks1:

OK, just to update this a bit. Looks like it will be a bit chilly overnight. I probably won't be camping after all even though my nephew and a buddy of his are camping Friday and Saturday nights.

The plan is for everyone to meet at the main obstacle course at around 10. We can hang out and let some of those driving longer distances show up late if need be, I'll probably be there closer to 10:30. Around 11 we'll split up and head out to run some trails. Figure around 1 or 2 we'll break for lunch at the Sycamore camp area (if there is room for all of us). Remember to bring your own lunch, also there are no BBQ pits anywhere in the park.

Poison oak is everywhere at Hollister Hills, bring along a long sleeve shirt if you get the stuff easily.

See you all on Saturday.

BC - Thanks for hte update however I won't be able to make it. We won our play off game and the next one is Saturday at 4:30. Yeah I know I could be back in time but let's say I or a buddy get stuck or break. Then I'm hozed eh :banghead:

Have fun and be safe ya'all......

I'll try my best to make it, but I've been sick since saturday, and don't know how I'll feel this saturday.

And On top of getting better, I still need to install and paint my dad's rocksliders for the wj.

Address for the park just in case someone has never been there:
Hollister Hills OHV Area
7800 Cienega Road
Hollister CA 95023

Check in at the main gate, pay your $5 and head about a mile further up the road to the Upper Ranch. Meet up at the main 4x4 obstacle course. If you get there early, just hang out and mess around a bit in the obstacle course.

hollister2_01.gif

hollister2_02.gif

hollister2_03.gif

hollister2_04.gif

I've been having idling trouble for the past few weeks, but I'm sure I can make it. Also I checked my car and it has no tow hook not even one.I've never been there so just to be sure can I get around everywhere you guys are planning to go if I avoid the harder stuff? I can't afford to break my DD.

I've been having idling trouble for the past few weeks, but I'm sure I can make it. Also I checked my car and it has no tow hook not even one.I've never been there so just to be sure can I get around everywhere you guys are planning to go if I avoid the harder stuff? I can't afford to break my DD.

There will more than likely be other stock rigs you can tag along with. There are easy fire road type trails all over the park so even if you do follow the main group you can still get around easily.

My friend and I will be camping down at the first camping area next to the small river bed tonight. If you're early feel freee to stop by and chat and maybe a morning run

Back