• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ Project

all in all, it is just money right? And if you don't break something you are not having fun!LMAO.

I ordered my gears today. This was what they cost me.

Classic City Off-Road
5.13's are 119.99
carrier is 59.00
master install kit is 87.00
lock right is 315.00
shipping=$28.00

Ask for Bobby.
Call 706-207-4140 to order!

you could've gotten a better price on the gears and such going through PORC or DC4WD. if you are looking to save some $$ give them a call.

nice project going on cant wait to see it done

Last edited:
Why would you stay with an inferior suspension design if you had full hydro in mind?

Full hydro with a Panhard is kinda lastara

Has everyone missed me. I have been working alot more the last few months. But the XJ is almost finished. It is setting nice on 39" Iroks. I will get some more pictures up this weekend. I went full hydro with my steering.

I have left out pictures of the dana 60 HD build. I will add them later when I have time to do a write up. I carried the Jeep today to a local guy who build tube chassis race cars. He is going to do my exo cage for around 800.00 He is also doing some extra fab work on the cage for me. What is the avg price for a exo? built out of 1.75 dom tubing.

I ordered my Front Bumper today. It is a TnT Customs front bumper. I did not get any of the options with it. I am exo caging and will tie into this bumper. I have hydro steering so no need for the extra support between the frame rails. However I will be beefing this up myself.

Link to bumper: http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV/xjRockRunnerFrontBumper.asp

The 44 is holding up fine. I got on it a couple times pretty good. Time will tell. But I have spares if needed! They are chrome moly's That helps. Cage does need work, near the back door by the window I am going to add some tube there, and then a bar that goes to the front bumper. I kinda got screwed on the 800.00 , It ended up costing more, and the guy that did it, well we won't go there.lol

Anything else you see I should do to the cage. I was just at the Grayrock ORV park for the fall for all and I rode with Cave Spring Custom Cages. He thought it was nice, and I told him things I was going to change. The rear bar going over the rear tire, I actually flipped it. The guy who built it had it cutting through the area where it flexes and it would have hit.I flipped it and it was ok. Top turned out good, and I made the rear bumper.

Just another reason why I'm not a big fan of exo's. To each their own...

Nothing beats a well designed internal cage. An exo really doesn't do much to protect sheet metal unless you're gently leaning on something with very little weight of the rig. Otherwise, the tubing just dents the sheetmetal and makes it harder to repair.

Capt. Nemo said:
Just another reason why I'm not a big fan of exo's. To each their own...

Nothing beats a well designed internal cage. An exo really doesn't do much to protect sheet metal unless you're gently leaning on something with very little weight of the rig. Otherwise, the tubing just dents the sheetmetal and makes it harder to repair.

Not if you have a well built exo tied into a well built internal ;)

Back