• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My shopping list, what do ya think?

Saint said:
Allright so with the parts from my first post needed, what would be the Ultimate 6 or 6.5 in lift (running 35s) Lets see a list.........

if it were me i would run the TnT 5.5" LA kit, it comes with pretty much everything you need minus the steering and SYE.

-Kyle

boomhauer said:
Rusty's...well the coils are good (he doesn't make them), his skids are pretty good.
Leaf packs my recommendation would be Alcan or Deaver. I have Alcan packs that I had built to MY specifications for what i want my rig to do, for the same price you'd buy generic springs for. You want flex? Lots of thin leaves for progressiveness and flex.
Shocks go elsewhere such as Doetsch Tech (i run the pre-runners) customer service is spectacular, Bilstein, Edelbrock etc.
Track bar i'd go with and have a TandT Customs.
SYE, my PORC is great, but they are all pretty much the same, just find the best price.
A set of JKS ACOS will become a close good friend.
Rocky Road makes a great 1.5" lift shackle.
A pair of stout diff covers from Blue Torch Fab or whomever you wish.
I'd truss the diffs.
The steering has already been addressed well by the other fellas.
As far a building your own long arms, there are just too many good products out there to waste your time unless you are saving a boatload of cash, which i doubt.

Regarding height, i know you have your reasons, but that is higher than Tommy Chong at a Led Zeppelin concert.
If you tell us why you want to be so high, maybe we can talk you out of something you may (will) regret.
A recommendation; 5-6" coils with a set of ACOS and 4-5" leaf packs with a 1.5" lift shackle will get you 35" tires.
Before you spend your money, really think about what you are going to use your rig for. At the height you want, i'm assuming you want to run some serious rubber. What tire size is it you are after? Axles and shafts have to be addressed. Are you staying with your stock diffs? Tell us more so we can help.
HTH -B

with 6" coils and a net of 6" in the rear why would he want to spend extra money on ACOS?

-Kyle

Saint said:
Allright so with the parts from my first post needed, what would be the Ultimate 6 or 6.5 in lift (running 35s) Lets see a list.........

If you wanted to do it on the cheap?

rough country drop brackets (I run RE ones)
RE or home built control arms
TNT trackbar with RE mount and brace
insert your 4.5-5.5" leaf pack here
1-1.25" lift shackle
RE 5.5" or skyjacker 6.5" coils

Kyle Deidrick said:
with 6" coils and a net of 6" in the rear why would he want to spend extra money on ACOS?

-Kyle

I put a range in there, didn't specify EXACT height and you know as well as i, that no coil or leaf pack is exact to it's height, as you have to consider bumpers, winch, rear tire mounting...you get my point. I wouldn't be without mine. That is why. -B

boomhauer said:
I put a range in there, didn't specify EXACT height and you know as well as i, that no coil or leaf pack is exact to it's height, as you have to consider bumpers, winch, rear tire mounting...you get my point. I wouldn't be without mine. That is why. -B

i guess you are right about that, personally i would just put in spacers and be done with it. save a bunch of money right there.

-Kyle

ACOS also offer a little better upper bumpstop, but I dont think its enough to be worth the money.

I run them, but I scored them used on the cheap. I run them with no adjuster collar, to keep lift minimal.

Once again you guys are awsome, :party: I need to do some more price comparing and i will get back to you guys this evening!

wheres is a cheap place to get the following

Brake lines, Misc bolts, SYE kit, shocks (nothing too fancy just yet)

FYI, this is the beging of a very long project, and lots of things will come along with the money tree starts to bloom this summer (axles, HD steering, cage, etc) , i want to get her up in the air but want to do it right, sos to save time and money in the long run. Thanks again!

Saint said:
Once again you guys are awsome, :party: I need to do some more price comparing and i will get back to you guys this evening!

wheres is a cheap place to get the following

Brake lines, Misc bolts, SYE kit, shocks (nothing too fancy just yet)

FYI, this is the beging of a very long project, and lots of things will come along with the money tree starts to bloom this summer (axles, HD steering, cage, etc) , i want to get her up in the air but want to do it right, sos to save time and money in the long run. Thanks again!

why not start with a RE 4.5 or 5.5" lift and go up from there?

89xj said:
why not start with a RE 4.5 or 5.5" lift and go up from there?

I was just about to suggest that. RE 5.5" drop bracket lift, then deal with steering, gears, lockers, axles, tires, etc. If you find then you aren't tall enough, add a taller shackle and a 1" block, and acos up front.

Cal, is that the TNT truss and OA trackbar mount?

JNickel101 said:
Cal, is that the TNT truss and OA trackbar mount?

No, that is all custom, done by Naxja's own Mr. Overkill as his first front axle project.

The 30 was taken down to tube, sleeved in 3x.250" DOM, trussed, and then all custom .250" bracketry fabbed up. The trackbar mount is 2x4 .250" box.

Housing1.jpg

Housing2.jpg

that is badass...

cal said:
I was just about to suggest that. RE 5.5" drop bracket lift, then deal with steering, gears, lockers, axles, tires, etc. If you find then you aren't tall enough, add a taller shackle and a 1" block, and acos up front.

my 2 cents, if i were to do it over i would go with a 5.5 TnT LA kit and just get all that out of the way. Forget the blocks and do a shackle if you arent tall enough.

-Kyle

Kyle Deidrick said:
my 2 cents, if i were to do it over i would go with a 5.5 TnT LA kit and just get all that out of the way. Forget the blocks and do a shackle if you arent tall enough.

-Kyle

The RE 5.5" kit already comes with a shackle that lifts 1.25", you don't want to shackle more than about 2". Too long of a shackle wont take side loading very well.

a .75-1.5" block isn't going to do much to contribute to axle wrap, and if its a good steel block won't break. I ran a 1" block for years, and because I'm paranoid, I had welded it down to the axle perch.

JNickel101 said:
that is badass...

It gets the job done. Knuckles rotated for pinion/caster.. Its stuffed with a 30 spline arb/shafts, 30 spline unit bearings and stubs, WJ knuckles, crane CrMo diff cover, has a warn 5x5.5 hub kit going on..

Its way overbuilt, but it hasnt broken. :)

cal said:
The RE 5.5" kit already comes with a shackle that lifts 1.25", you don't want to shackle more than about 2". Too long of a shackle wont take side loading very well.

a .75-1.5" block isn't going to do much to contribute to axle wrap, and if its a good steel block won't break. I ran a 1" block for years, and because I'm paranoid, I had welded it down to the axle perch.

very good point, i had forgotten that TnT/RE 5.5" kit comes with shackles. Either way the rear will end up sitting at about 6.5" (depending how much weight is back there) which is tall enough for the majority of people.

-Kyle

Everybody cracks on Rustys but I think he is pretty cool. He sent me two long arm lifts for the price of one. Gotta love computer glitches!!!

bigjeepman said:
Everybody cracks on Rustys but I think he is pretty cool. He sent me two long arm lifts for the price of one. Gotta love computer glitches!!!

Yeah i would have to say id love them too for that:yelclap:

Here is where im at so far with the lift plan, gonna fab up the long arms, track bar and steering braces, as far as the coils and leafs, i went with rustys, with the bumper and winch i shouldnt be too bad in the front, i should sit level. Gotta order up the misc ends parts and them save up for the rubber:yelclap:

Oh yeah talked to Mr. Rusty's and he laughed when i told him about the bashing on here and he said " if you dont like it, you can send it back, and get your money back, we are a different company now than what we used to be and we want people to know that.....":callme:

when i get the ball rollin i will do a write up with lots of pics:compwork:

Thanks for all the help!

Saint said:
Yeah i would have to say id love them too for that:yelclap:

Here is where im at so far with the lift plan, gonna fab up the long arms, track bar and steering braces, as far as the coils and leafs, i went with rustys, with the bumper and winch i shouldnt be too bad in the front, i should sit level. Gotta order up the misc ends parts and them save up for the rubber:yelclap:

Oh yeah talked to Mr. Rusty's and he laughed when i told him about the bashing on here and he said " if you dont like it, you can send it back, and get your money back, we are a different company now than what we used to be and we want people to know that.....":callme:

when i get the ball rollin i will do a write up with lots of pics:compwork:

Thanks for all the help!

Rusty was here on Naxja a couple months ago with that message. People had poor luck trying, though.

Rusty's parts are awesome, I run the crap out of mine and i have never had a problem.

As for your list i think it looks good. For the long arm i would go with Ballistic fabrication Flex joints and use there poly lower mounts. And you should be set.

Back