• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My prayers go to my fellow hokies

muddinxj04

NAXJA Forum User
Yea, so I'm sure you guys have heard about the shooting here on campus, if you haven't, one girl was shot and killed in a dorm and now the gunman is suspected to be in an academic building and shot someone there too. This is rediculous, if you guys recall, Morva, shot a cop near campus; two bomb threats within the last two weeks. Who knows?!?

:Rant off:

Re: Virginia Tech=ghetto....apparently

I used to carry at the uiversity when I went to school during finals and several weeks before. People are under a lot of stress and it doesn't take much to snap.

I feel bad for the victims and families, too bad legistation makes law abaiding people easy targets.

The thing that angers me is that these few incidents makes Virginia tech look bad and unsafe, it really isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, it was a horrible injustice and i feel for all the victims and their families, but this idiot makes us look bad.

muddinxj04 said:
The thing that angers me is that these few incidents makes Virginia tech look bad and unsafe, it really isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, it was a horrible injustice and i feel for all the victims and their families, but this idiot makes us look bad.

werd.gif
People just read the headlines and get the wrong impression... I wonder how many people will do that with your thread title.
rolleyes.gif

Billy

Haven't posted in a long time, but figured I'd let those of you who know me know that I'm ok.

SCW said:
I used to carry at the uiversity when I went to school during finals and several weeks before. People are under a lot of stress and it doesn't take much to snap.

I feel bad for the victims and families, too bad legistation makes law abaiding people easy targets.

Your General Assembly killed that bill back on 1/31/06. Awesome huh? What happens to you guys if you get caught carrying on school grounds? Thrown out? I'd risk it.

God bless the affected.

i carried when i was at tech. during RA training, we had a sit-down q & a session with a cop to ask questions. carrying came up as a topic. they said as long as you have a cwp, it's fine. i guess times have changed. i would like to think that if i, or anyone else for that matter, had had a chance, things could have turned out very differently today. :(

nova98xj said:
hey dave...happened one floor below me.....atleast 20 people confiremed dead and atleast 10 other people injured
You're lucky, its pretty crazy this happened. First time all year I've walked back from class and people are actually watching the news. :shocked:

really sorry to hear about this... regardless of how 'ghetto' or whatever a place is, this is really unfortunate.

I suprised anyone was allowed to carry on a college campus... again unfortunate that you had to.

Sad state of affairs now adays.

i would just like to add...tech's campus and surrounding area is FAR from ghetto. i felt very safe during my 4 years there. and i still live about 30 minutes from campus. the only reason i had a CWP was for when i drove the 6-7 hours back home late at night. i simply used the CWP as a means to keep my firearm in my room. at no point in time did i ever feel threatened enough to carry it on my person while on campus.

BBeach said:
Anyone have any pics or vids from the campus? How are people reacting?

well there is police tape all through out my dorm. I just got back from getting food and there is almost nobody on campus. Its a very scary sight. If you watch some of the news, they have footage of the shots being fired. I'm just very reluctant to see the list of names killed/injured.

There is a video on cnn's website that a student who was caught in the gunfire took with his cell phone. Pretty scary stuff, especially at the end of the video. I've been glued to the news all day watching this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everybody involved.

FitchVA said:
i would just like to add...tech's campus and surrounding area is FAR from ghetto. i felt very safe during my 4 years there. and i still live about 30 minutes from campus. the only reason i had a CWP was for when i drove the 6-7 hours back home late at night. i simply used the CWP as a means to keep my firearm in my room. at no point in time did i ever feel threatened enough to carry it on my person while on campus.

Ruby's Diner was a safe place. Trolley Square was a safe place. You don't carry a weapon because you feel like you are in danger, you should stay away from dangerous places. You carry a weapon because there are deviants who want to kill you and other in safe places.

Fitch, yea, i put that title on here, all i knew was a shooting and one person dead, i didn't mean to make light of the situation.

Now for the safety issue...you guys may not believe me, but i still do feel pretty safe...to an extent, this will just put a huge black mark on the school, and i bet next year's freshman class will have a very low number.

Back