• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My prayers go to my fellow hokies

Damn... Thoughts and prayers go out to those of you at VT. My girlfriend just called me and told me about it. What a dampner on the day. Shouldnt the school have been evacuated or something after two people were shot and they didnt find the suspect? I would have wanted to have been notified so i could have gotten the hell out of there for the day... Where were the Police for 2 hours! while that F***er was out and about... Sad to hear.

(not trying to be an azzhat) I think VT did things just about as good as they could have. I fully support them, i too have a few questions, but I don't think now is the time for questioning and pointing fingers, i really don't think it ever will be. We just need to support the families.

:patriot:

We'll never forget you guys

I'm just back to a connection after losing power, and being on the road, so late to this thread. When I heard the news on the radio, I immediately thought that there are a lot of NAXJA folks at VT. So I'm just wondering whether you're all accounted for.

swbooking said:
Damn... Thoughts and prayers go out to those of you at VT. My girlfriend just called me and told me about it. What a dampner on the day. Shouldnt the school have been evacuated or something after two people were shot and they didnt find the suspect? I would have wanted to have been notified so i could have gotten the hell out of there for the day... Where were the Police for 2 hours! while that F***er was out and about... Sad to hear.
They claim they have leads he left the area, plus there's ~9000 people on campus and countless more (I think they said 14k) as commuters. Then again, the conference they had wasn;t the most helpful.

Yeah i started watching the news, they said they thought it was an isolated incident or something along those lines. oopps on that one...

Living in Roanoke just 40 miles from Tech, this really hits home. My son will attend Tech in the fall as a junior and I have no concerns that he will be safe there. Its a great school, beautiful campus and a loving community.

Its a black mark in Tech's history but like other schools who have faced adversity and tragedy they will continue on. There will be good times again.

My prayers go out to the victims families and the Tech community in general.

Jon

Matthew Currie said:
I'm just back to a connection after losing power, and being on the road, so late to this thread. When I heard the news on the radio, I immediately thought that there are a lot of NAXJA folks at VT. So I'm just wondering whether you're all accounted for.
I am almost positive that the members of Wheelin' at Tech (the club i started, mostly cherokees) are all ok and safe. However, i'm sure that there are xj'ers that are not members of our club. So, getting back to your question, to my knowledge, yes, we're all good.

Applied to VA Tech back in 1999/2000 when I was graduating from high school and took a tour of the campus. I'd say the campus was in the top 90-95% of the schools I looked at beauty wise and safety wise. Just a very unfortunate incident that could happen anywhere.

vtsrespect.gif

i'll be wearing my orange and maroon at work tomorrow.

I know I already posted, but as a fellow college student that's about 2.5-3 hours away, it really does make you stop and think that this could have happened anywhere, and all the security prep in the world can't prevent it.

Noticed a few more cops patroling the campus roads today since this incident took place.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were affected by this horrible tragedy.

Today's convocation was VERY moving. It was really good. We had an english professor that had an extremely moving speech, stating "We are Virginia Tech, we will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail!," extremely good and when we started the "let's-go-hokies" chant, it almost brought me to tears. President Bush's speech was very good as well. My prayers continue to go out to my fellow hokie nation.

muddinxj04 said:
Just so you guys know, the westborrow baptist church is planning on attending the funerals of the victims. Utterly rediculous

oh great... everyone gets the honor of being told that this is god revenge for gay tolerance.

They have no business being there. God forbid one of their children dies in a similar fashion.....wonder how they would feel.

Just remember ignoring them is the best thing you can do. They feed off the attention.

Back