• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new project

IMG_20110730_164910.jpg

drivetrain is out :D time to start degreasing everything. it's a real mess in here this thing looks like it had a massive oil leak for a looong time, it's all over the engine bay and the underbody.

That sum bitch has seen cleaner days! Spray some berttle doo on it and it should clean up nice.

How dose the crank and rods look on the 258 block? Hope they are in good shape.

They were in great shape, and waiting to go in, I just need to come up with enough money to start the build lol.

Go long rob. Rod angle will be better and power will be come on earlier.
Longer rods and bigger bores for power down low, short rods & smaller bores for power up top. We only rev to 5500rpm so might as well take the advantage.

the guy building my engine builds 1000+ hp top fuel dragster engines for a living and some of the best stroked 4.0s around on the side. I explained that this is going to be a street machine and he's going to take care of the rest.

I think he knows what he's doing ;)

And he chose short vs long? Hmm, everyone all throws me the long over short, especially on jeepstrokers. But hey he sounds like he knows what he's doing. I just want to see a finished product.

short what? are you talking about the rods? if money was no object I'd have forged and shotpeened eagle rods in there, but I'm building this on a severe budget. the cam is the only thing I'm dropping big coin on because it will make the biggest difference in performance.

i just went back to see what all you already had..
I was under the impression you still needed rods & a crank lol. If I were to start one and didn't have short (4.2L) rods already, I would just use the long (4.0) rods & off the self KB pistons. Should come out around the same after you buy the 4.2l and get them reconditioned & also buy the new pistons..if you go that route that is.

Are you doing a 4.6L? What cam did you decide on?

it's a custom ground comp cam, yes doing a 4.6 with some mild port work. i'll post up more about it once the motor is built.

Oooow this could get exciting! Dyno this thing with stock lift & tires just to see what it'll do.

I need a spare renix head to port and get some slightly bigger valves for.

go with a 7120 casting head (early HO) especially if you're going to port it. they flow better and the only difference on the intake/exhaust manifold side is the port sizes (a little smaller on the renix i believe).

Back