• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

What's the last pic?

You going to tracks? Trying to make RCP's head explode?

Haha you guys said it not me.
Pulled belly pan covers off skid Saturday. That much dirt trapped inside.

Here's Scott and his wj
https://youtu.be/Us4i829774c

Everything is burned in on track bar last is 1/4" caliper spacers and bolt it all together

Wrestled the new tire on I've only done at tires so wanted to see if I could do this tire, yup its doable and seated bead with trail pump.

I'll be packing tire irons and plugs and big patches in the jeep now.

Still have limit straps to do. It never ends.
b9028d1e07bcaacd28f1c394ee43a8e5.jpg
39c51d6733d93792e0f531eb61ebfd66.jpg
f6c296f6171fa7f2dc7a9da0375e3120.jpg
66cadd764fab17042ffb391f19c8bc4c.jpg
e6bc1496abf0482e3a0dc279cf4120cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Have one side bolted together found I need longer caliper mounting bolts
Hopefully I can find some tomorrow m12x1.25x40 is i think what I want.

I got a say this is rewarding. Not much of the xj left on the front end
c1f1e63d7efd2d0d69ab4cbd0fd3018f.jpg
4d678f40c4ebcf858be7cf194fec7aea.jpg

I've gotta ask evan... all this work into a dana 30... does it worry you? They seam do decent on 35s but can't really be beat on in my experience...

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Yes it worries me.

Hp44 is 500. Dana60 alot more, super duty 300 and zero axlevtube to build on my time to revisit this all again priceless.

Cross fingers.

Part of my issue is width. I'm running utv trails 3" wider and some I cant

Which steering brace did you go with? I know hydro assist takes pressure off of the gear box... so maybe it isn't needed. I like the idea of a hidden winch/ steering brace tho. Badadfab comes to mind

Ironman

I never know what's needed till I'm looking at a pile of broken parts on the trail

I like the narrow width as well... I've been thinking of jk 44s and highly backspace wheels to stay my current width with a strength improvement...

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Yes it worries me.

Hp44 is 500. Dana60 alot more, super duty 300 and zero axlevtube to build on my time to revisit this all again priceless.

Cross fingers.

Part of my issue is width. I'm running utv trails 3" wider and some I cant

Just get a custom axle made with 1 ton stuff and narrow tubes. It’s going to be where you end up if you have to have UTV trail access. It will save you money in the long run.

I've thought about a center section set up or just tubed but no Cs

Then why not high 9 or 14bolt

Also h1 wheels are I think 7" backspacing

Steers lighter is all I can tell.
Drove around the block and nothing bad happened. Need to center wheel and run it.
6089cb3ba43331a413ee8cdb8c04a3d5.jpg

Straps on. These will make me feel much better. Have them set1" from full extension hoping they stretch to 12". If they stretch passed will raise again
fa2864165b9d3cbe04d7518fa031d353.jpg
d7a8925a127eae2cd8fb5b5c8270848c.jpg

Just welded bolt on.

Ground caliper so could orientate banjo fitting up.

Headed to the store and a quick shake down. Also centerd steering wheel. Well closer to center.
12b3662b32e9a18bace17f833834ef0d.jpg

When you upgrade to the akebonos, I highly recommend the powerstop refurbs that come powder coated red. If you go through 4wp there is no core charge or return. (Feels like I've shared this more than a few times but still!) I've heard of others taking in the teves for cores elsewhere and getting denied due to them clearly not being the same.
Both cleared my 15" steelies. Aside from the design to stop warping rotors, I also like that the akebonos have the little aluminum slide thingies, spacing the name.. where the brake pad rests on the caliper? My teves had little notches top and bottom on both sides, that is common for even stock xj calipers, that can be fixed with weld but I'd just as soon not worry about it again

Last edited:
I was thinking about upgrading. When I picked these wj parts I picked the rig that had what looked like the best rotors. No lip and had thick pads.

These are braking well. Though the caliper mounting bolts backed off. I've already orderd longer bolts I couldn't find them local. So looks like the waiting game again.

Driving around town this thing feels all around more solid brakes better steers better and I think rides softer. Almost feels taller to.
Less clunks and noises to.
Ohhh the best part I think axle seals might actually be sealed in the front.

Going to have to address lighting soon. Most the corner markers are gone after the last adventure.

Since I can't drive it for a few days and have a thing for white parts I think I'm going to clean up Calipers and turn them white.
Think I'll get new brake parts as needed.

Think I need a master cylinder and vacuum booster thing first.

If you keep saying it I'll eventually do it

I'm not made of money either... the teeves served me we for a few years... had one sieze and force my hand. 2 dual pistons are still a big upgrade so no rush

Back