• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Heep Project...

squirrel80 said:
Come on by anytime. What do you need to fix on your jeep? We can try and hunt down that tranny leak. I'll be out there for a while. This weekend should be a turning point. I'm hoping that things should start going together pretty quick once the lift goes on.

Jeff... Thanks... if I get in a jamb I may take you up on it...

See Ya !
Curt

All that work on the trans and youget a TCS converter? There's got to be better options out there.

squirrel80 said:
What's wrong with TCS? I have used them for a long time and never had a problem. That and they stand behind their stuff. What have you had go bad?

It's what I've seen go bad. Lock up clutches, stators, thrust bearings. But it might be ok in that trans because nothing ever goes wronng with them.

squirrel80 said:
Who do you use for trans parts? I've had most of my experience with high performance Chevy stuff. None of this computer controlled, electronic high tech overdrive lock up converter stuff.

I'll PM you

OK here is some more progress. I finished cleaning up the frame rails at the loweer control arm mount. Got the tranny and transfer case installed. All the new tranny line are ran and the new cooler is in. The BDS cross member is installed and controll arms mounted. So while waiting on my TNT truss kit I started my least favorite part, wiring. I ran a new fuse block and relays for all my accesories and electric lockers. So far I will have 3 circuits used, One for each locker and one for front off road lights, hopefully a pair of HIDs. I am hoping to put on board air soon. My new wheels arrived and that has really lit a fire under me. I can't wait to see these bolted on. It is no wonder Americas Tire won't touch beadlocks, they are a pain to mount. I was unable to get the KMCs I wanted but I think I like these better. My friend got me a deal at McKenzies on these. Well the last couple of nights I have been getting the diffs ready and welded up at my friends house. He has been a huge help and his fab tools and skill have been what is going to make this Jeep happen. So the front is all together and final welded and the rear should be finished tonight. I have mounted both of them for a trail fit and it is really starting to look good. I am hoping to get my drivelines measured and ordered before I pull the diffs out for final assembly and paint. Also I will be putting a set of 5.13 gears in. I have the gears for the front but Quadratech sent me the wrong set for the rear. Anyway I'm hoping to have it on it's feet this weekend.

DSC03838.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

new wiring along firewall

DSC03845.jpg

relays all lined up and ready for the last wire to accesory for hook up

DSC03846.jpg

6 circuit fuse block

DSC03848.jpg

locker switches

DSC03849.jpg

accessory switches, it was getting late and I my straight line suffered a bit.

DSC03853.jpg

transfer case mounted with new cross member
DSC03859.jpg

heavy duty tranny lines
DSC03860.jpg

cooler all plumbed
DSC03843.jpg

new wheels mounted BTR beadlocks

DSC03857.jpg

DSC03858.jpg

track bar and steering box brace

Great build so far. I'm really looking into swapping the jk front into my mj, is that the ford 44 truss from tnt?

DansGreyMj said:
Great build so far. I'm really looking into swapping the jk front into my mj, is that the ford 44 truss from tnt?

No it is a JK to XJ swap truss. I did not even know they made this but was talking to them about a Dana 30 truss for my friends XJ. Very easy to install it took about 4 hours from start to finish to get it fit and welded. I did add the extra bracing at the C and welded all the way around the axle tube at the center section.

Dude it is starting to cool off out here.. Tell rusty to get his chit done on his too... If you guys need help, i'm free sunday.. Going out saturday to play in mine.. You know i can test these parts out in mine so you know they will work :wave: ..

Just a personal suggestion since you took the time to run your trans cooler hoses properly.. Might want to get some fire braid over the ones at the trans since the exhaust runs threw that area.. I really like your attention to detail on this build...

Sooo what's up with the red fender stripe ?? :rof:

I like the BTR wheels... I asked them a year or two ago if they were going to make them in the JEEP pattern and they were just trying to get the buggy stuff covered... nice...

Looks good... green with red fender accents... :laugh3:

Curt

Clean-RC said:
Just a personal suggestion since you took the time to run your trans cooler hoses properly.. Might want to get some fire braid over the ones at the trans since the exhaust runs threw that area.. I really like your attention to detail on this build...

I was thinking the same thing. I forgot to get some at Mckenzies when I picked up my wheels. Do you know a supplier I can mailorder from? I think Jegs may carry somthing like it.

squirrel80 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I forgot to get some at Mckenzies when I picked up my wheels. Do you know a supplier I can mailorder from? I think Jegs may carry somthing like it.

You can get if from Jegs, Summit, and Speedway.. I usually get it locally from Mesa hose in Costa Mesa.. Aeroquip and Goodridge both make it..

Good lord man........ You knock over a bank????????????

After breaking and dislocating my right shoulder New Years weekend at Glamis on my dirtbike, it was this or a Rhino for the money so I'm sure you will all agree on my decision. Not that I'm getting rid of my dirtbike anytime soon, but need some other form of dirt toy. My shoulder is still not right 8 months later. Plus when I found out my buddies 6" lifted XJ fit in my toyhauler it made the choice obvious.

Plus when I found out my buddies 6" lifted XJ fit in my toyhauler it made the choice obvious.

:laugh: You better measure things again with those axles... I'm sure you did...
Or did we talk about doing the monster truck tire swap ??

Curt

Back