• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 44/9" full width cherokee build

They may come out fine too. I replaced my shackles with boomeranges back in August and I didn't have any problem removing those bolts. Haven't touched the other leaf bolts since August 07 tho :eek:

Whats up strat. I have not had a phone for a while. I broke me b-berry's charge port so yeah... I wish the guy in the truck had hit me, because I need to get the yoda ready for the may 1st wendover race(could use the money). Well and I want some 2.0 FOAs for the xj ha ha. Hope your back is okay.

Whats up strat. I have not had a phone for a while. I broke me b-berry's charge port so yeah... I wish the guy in the truck had hit me, because I need to get the yoda ready for the may 1st wendover race(could use the money). Well and I want some 2.0 FOAs for the xj ha ha. Hope your back is okay.

Hey I have an old phone you can use if you want. I'll come by sometime next week.

I've been seing a Chiro ever since the accident... fun...

well than...

stop bumping and get to working!

6 hours later, this should be atleast 1/2 done!

*slap* WORK!!!!

Hey I have an old phone you can use if you want. I'll come by sometime next week.

I've been seing a Chiro ever since the accident... fun...

sent you a pic of the jeeps new gnarr stance with the re 4.5 leafs and the FOAs up front

looks sick! you going down to St George for the U4WDA winter convention? I'll be there 23rd and 24th

doubt it but who knows really... I just ordered my FOAs for the rear :woohoo:

Well I never did get that detroit installed, but I rebuilt the traction bar and went down to St. George for the U4WDA winter convention. http://www.u4wda.org/index.php?p=winter09
We ran The Maze on Friday and West Rim on Saturday.

some highlights
100_1333.jpg

100_1337.jpg

video

100_1368.jpg

youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnjuBA8QUbU
broke my trackbar in half at the end of this video and trail welded it together with two batteries in series and some welding rod and jumper cables
SU1HMDA3OTMuanBn.jpg

not pretty but it got me off the trail and to a real welder. Got it all welded up and gusseted for good measure and done in time for XGames that night.

Saturday
100_1401.jpg

100_1402.jpg

100_1403.jpg

arch
100_1408.jpg

100_1411.jpg

the squeeze
100_1413.jpg

I blew blew a cap off a front driveshaft u-joint in the playground when the yokes bound, I guess the limit strap stretched a little. Luckily we had a spare joint.

muddy
100_1423.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a sick XJ the optimum gear one, did you happen to talk to that guy and get any info about it?

And what size lift and size tires are you running?
about 5.5" of lift and 35's

100_1420.jpg

Optimum Gear/ Adams Driveshafts is a new sponsor of the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association. They are an awesome sponsor!
They were running 9" Rusty's springs Rusty's inverted T steering, yukon shafts, and long arm with ACOS up front, 8" leaf springs with blocks and revolver shackles, Currie 9" rear with discs and a currie high 9 third member, 4.56's or 4.88's (I can't remember what he said)Crok cage/bumpers/sliders, and a custom sunroof, the guy said they spent about $3k on the vinyl graffics, Bushwackers, Warn winch and hub conversions, streetlock wheels, Bulb hood, 4 KC highlights, 35" Xterrains. So close to 11+ inches of lift.

In my opinion it was more of an ad vehicle than a trail rig. Super cool looking, and I'll bet it's a beast on the RTI and WAY pretty, and he wheeled it hard, but it really didn't work very well offroad for how much they had into it.

He gave heck here and gave up (this was his 4th or 5th try)
(video)

Here's me on the same obstacle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk-e5_7-sgM

yeah... you pretty much owned him.... nice work!

I have a question. What did you do for a U-joint at the axle end of your rear driveshaft? I keep blowing the dang things (I'm pretty sure that has to do with gearing) but I"m wondering how adapter joints hold up (if that's what you used).

yeah... you pretty much owned him.... nice work!

I have a question. What did you do for a U-joint at the axle end of your rear driveshaft? I keep blowing the dang things (I'm pretty sure that has to do with gearing) but I"m wondering how adapter joints hold up (if that's what you used).

I'm not using an adapter: just a normal 1310 u-joint. I've taken out two of them (due to driveshaft and pinion angle issues/ rock hits/ axle wrap).

But I would first check your pinion angle. Tom Woods sells offset u-joints that will give you more angle before they bind but they cost more and they will vibe.

I'm not using an adapter: just a normal 1310 u-joint. I've taken out two of them (due to driveshaft and pinion angle issues/ rock hits/ axle wrap).

But I would first check your pinion angle. Tom Woods sells offset u-joints that will give you more angle before they bind but they cost more and they will vibe.

so are the yokes on the D44 and the 9" the same size as the D30 and D35? I've been looking into putting 60's under my heep, but I know they have a larger yoke.

Back