• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 44/9" full width cherokee build

Went and ran some local trails over last weekend and finally made it up Wayne's World
100_1066.jpg

only a little carnage from that day
I landed on a rock and hit the rear driveshaft yoke at the pinion and blew out a driveshaft u-joint, I guess it's time to make that pinion guard

Went and ran some local trails over last weekend and finally made it up Wayne's World
100_1066.jpg

only a little carnage from that day
I landed on a rock and hit the rear driveshaft yoke at the pinion and blew out a driveshaft u-joint, I guess it's time to make that pinion guard

I hate you... simply for the fact that those are your "local" trails.....:gonnablow

NO FAIR!!!:exclamati

hey correct me if i'm wrong but were you having problems with death wobble or bump steer? because there two different things

death wobble, no problems since

Is this the brown santa you mentioned months ago?

no, google search "ups girl" :D

In other news, about 2 weeks ago some high school kid in a full size Dodge Ram was texting and ran a stop sign and hit me. Luckily a cop was at the intersection and saw the whole thing.

lucky for me I was in the Jeep and had some beefy rock rails, If I was in a car... the bumper would have gone through my driverside window and I would have been jacked up! :shocked:

IMG00686.jpg

took a while, but the insurance payout was good, I wish he didn't hit me though, my back was sore for a week :gee:

I'm pretty sure HE makes that rear bumper... look earlier on in the thread... I'm feeling lazy!

That's wierd, the weldnut broke loose? How long ago did you put in the Rusty's leafs?

The bushing on that leaf pack looks quite good, so I am going to guess you didn't put them in too long ago.

My Rusty's leaf bushings are all shot to hell, have been like that with the leafs not even being on a full year...

That's wierd, the weldnut broke loose? How long ago did you put in the Rusty's leafs?

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I even used a ton of antisieze last time.

Rusty's were leaf set #3 they went in about a year ago.
#2 was Rock Krawler
#1 was Teraflex
I have know Idea what brand this replacement is other than it was the same height as what I pulled out.
I kinda want to link it now.

Last edited:
How are your rear bumps setup? Do they stop your uptravel before you start to bend the springs over? Or are you turning your rear springs into S's.

-Alex

Alex, if you look back to post 184
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243966477&postcount=184
you can see my bumpstop setup. They are set to stop before the spring inverts.

Been running a traction bar to keep the wrap under control,
and to tell the truth, the spring I pulled wasn't even S'd.

I must have just got a bad spring, or I wheel to much? :shhh:

Alex, if you look back to post 184
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243966477&postcount=184
you can see my bumpstop setup. They are set to stop before the spring inverts.

Been running a traction bar to keep the wrap under control,
and to tell the truth, the spring I pulled wasn't even S'd.

I must have just got a bad spring, or I wheel to much? :shhh:

I figured, just too lazy to do some research. Could rusty have made a bad spring? Doubtful.:rolleyes:

-Alex

Damn, now I'll be worried when I pull out those bolts to change the bushings.

I should have antiseized em when I put the Rusty's leafs in. I know I will for sure once I pull them out again.

Damn, now I'll be worried when I pull out those bolts to change the bushings.

I should have antiseized em when I put the Rusty's leafs in. I know I will for sure once I pull them out again.

Follow Skullver's lead and do this...

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

Back