• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mud flapz

X2
I understand the feelings you have about the ticket but its not like you wasting the CHP's time or your own is going to help anything.

Well if he is wasting the CHP's time, thats less time they have to be out giving tickets.

I'm not going to get into a long discussion about this but yes less time giving tickets meens less time doing their job. I'd rather they do their job than have their time wasted.

X2

I am all for mud flaps. They are ugly but it saves wind shields and makes it more manageble when driving in the rain for others.

Yea, Girly and I were just talking about this--I really should get a pair
I'm sorry, but that there is :roflmao:

X2

I am all for mud flaps. They are ugly but it saves wind shields and makes it more manageble when driving in the rain for others.
X3.

I'm also all for fender flares, never really realized how much of a difference they make till I took my flareless XJ through a 6" pool of water at 20mph... and the week later went through it again with the stock MJ. Couldn't see with the wipers on high in the XJ, the windshield stayed mostly dry on the MJ. If you don't like em on the trail, use bulldog clips or zipties to hold them on and remove them when you get there.

x a billion on the rain driving! me, andy, and socal bill took a run on the freeway in some light rain a couple years back and I had to follow so far behind I could barely see thier tail lights :D

I'm also all for fender flares, never really realized how much of a difference they make till I took my flareless XJ through a 6" pool of water at 20mph... and the week later went through it again with the stock MJ.

i have 6" bulge flattops, for this very reason.
maybe im selfish?, i payed to protect MY windshield (which is cracked). but wont to protect yours. =)

onto a worse subject.... los angeles had a fatality today on the 405 involving a CHP officer... may he rest in peace. i wish he was stuck singing off mudflap tickets instead! maybe 11-99 isnt so bad afterall.

onto a worse subject.... los angeles had a fatality today on the 405 involving a CHP officer... may he rest in peace. i wish he was stuck singing off mudflap tickets instead! maybe 11-99 isnt so bad afterall.

that's low, even for you dude. (n)

Grimm, he is saying the guy would have been better off having his time wasted at the office signing off tickets than hit on the 405. I think you read STRUCK not STUCK.........either way, I hope they put that asshole who was running up the shoulder UNDER the jail. F'in people today are idiots when traffic gets bad. You should see some of the stuff I see everyday.

When I herd that story I remembered back to all the stupid accidents I've seen and that one is trully a crime. Dude had no buisness driving the shoulder to avoid the traffic and I hope he gets everything he deserves for not only being a retard but for killing a police officer. What's wrong with people now days???

Grimm, he is saying the guy would have been better off having h...

yeah... what i said was meant to be in support of chp, as i had made some negative comments earlier in the thread, and i had just heard of the chp not-so-fatality (correct jim, it wasnt a fatality, i got bad info).

like most people, i dont like tickets, but ive got no ill feelings against law enforcement

I was on my way to farmer matts up near visalia last year. Doing 65mph, right lane, tags current and all the sudden i get Red a Blues in my rear view. So at this point i am completely mysitfied on what it could be. So i pull over, he comes up to the window and says that my tires stick out to far and i need mud flaps, and i have a tail light out. I laugh a little and take the ticket thinking this will be a interesting story. I go to start my jeep and cranks but wont fire, Code 54. Not cps but cps. Cam not crank. PS thanks again Matt, i still need to get you that replacement.

So moral of the story, " if the CHP lights you up, dont stop because they can kill your motor with a ticket"

he comes up to the window and says that my tires stick out to far and i need mud flaps, and i have a tail light out.

Your taillight's still out, Mike... but your "dirty butt flap" mudflaps are still amusing.

Just got a mud flap ticket just outside of Bakersfield by CHP coming back from the Sequoias. Had no flairs either. They where in the back because I had bumped them off on the trip.

While he is running my numbers my front left 33" blows out big time BOOM!!!! WTF!! he is shooting at me!!!!! AGGggggggg! I throw my hands out the window.. "Not me.. not me" Buddy in passenger seat is yelling "Quit shooting our tires out!!" I see the cop in the mirror pistol out but pointed down. We all get out and see the tire. Still gives me the ticket.

:doh:

I can't beleive he still gave you the ticket.....

Talk about kicking a man when he is already down.

Back