• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving to the seattle area, keep it or sell and get another later?

You're high.:D I drive anywhere from 0-35 mph on an eight lane highway every morning. If there's no wet spots, it's 40-80. You figure it out.

Woah woah woah! Let me explain! I dont claim California in the slightest! I was born and raised in Athens Georgia! :) I just live in California. I dont know if thats any better though. One of the main reasons im moving up ther is i miss 2 things that you all have plenty of: Trees and rain. Last year we got 3 (three) inches of rain.

but yeah when Im driving the Corolla, I get cut off, flipped off, and everything else. In the XJ, the whine from the tires tends to frighten people in passenger cars and they politely stay in their lanes. v:)v

Well, I do appreciate all the input. Im going to hold on to the jeep for a while, and keep it down here in pretencious town. If i come up on a screaming deal up there, I might let it go and get whatever i find, but ill probably end up driving her up in spring/summer. But I am seeing some pretty tough rigs on craigslist right now...

Either way, thanks for the "warm" welcome. It was about what I excpected. :) Ill be getting washington plates on the corolla ASAP....

ElectricSnake said:
Woah woah woah! Let me explain! I dont claim California in the slightest! I was born and raised in Athens Georgia! :) I just live in California. I dont know if thats any better though. One of the main reasons im moving up ther is i miss 2 things that you all have plenty of: Trees and rain. Last year we got 3 (three) inches of rain.

but yeah when Im driving the Corolla, I get cut off, flipped off, and everything else. In the XJ, the whine from the tires tends to frighten people in passenger cars and they politely stay in their lanes. v:)v

Well, I do appreciate all the input. Im going to hold on to the jeep for a while, and keep it down here in pretencious town. If i come up on a screaming deal up there, I might let it go and get whatever i find, but ill probably end up driving her up in spring/summer. But I am seeing some pretty tough rigs on craigslist right now...

Either way, thanks for the "warm" welcome. It was about what I excpected. :) Ill be getting washington plates on the corolla ASAP....

We would love to have you!!
Welcome.
If you leave the Jeep down there, come on a trail ride or two with us and see what the trails here have to offer before you bring yours up.
Good luck with the move!!
Michael

2xtreme said:
We would love to have you!!
Welcome.
If you leave the Jeep down there, come on a trail ride or two with us and see what the trails here have to offer before you bring yours up.
Good luck with the move!!
Michael

That would be great! Again, thanks for the warm reception.

i moved from CA to WA with a car that also had a cracked windshield.

i had no problems transferring the car to WA, but i DID take the WA drivers' test
3 times before i finally passed it! maybe i should have studied? i don't know.

when i transferred the title to WA, they handed me my plates over the counter
instead of making me wait 10 business days.

i know you guys will probably make fun of me for failing the written twice, but i
don't really care. it was hard! i think i only missed 3 points on my CA written
when i was 16, so i felt like a class-A idiot failing twice in a row. i found WA
DMV much more efficient than CA - no 10 hour lines or surly clerks. it was a
real surprise.

EDIT: by the way, i sold my 91 4-door 4.0/auto lifted/locked/winched for $3300
before i moved back down here to CA. no way in hell would it have passed smog.

well i made it. I start my new job with mold-rite inc. next week in woodinville. I am really liking it up here so far, and look forward to meeting some of you guys and going on some trail runs. My 94 xj will be coming up on my second run for stuff at the end of this month.

ElectricSnake said:
well i made it. I start my new job with mold-rite inc. next week in woodinville. I am really liking it up here so far, and look forward to meeting some of you guys and going on some trail runs. My 94 xj will be coming up on my second run for stuff at the end of this month.

WELCOME!

Now tell everyone how it rains here all the time and how much you wouldn't recommend them moving here.

ElectricSnake said:

Where in woodinville is that and what do they do? I have never heard of it and I have been around woodinville for a while.
-Alex

they are a custom injection molding company, so pretty much anything that anyone wants made out of plastic, they create the mold with a cnc mill and put the mold in the machine and crank out as many parts as necesarry to fill the orders to meet the customers demands. When i was in california i used to work for the company who makes their software that runs the company, so i had pretty good credentials.

http://www.moldriteinc.com/

Back