• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving the front axle forward

Thanks guys. I posted last night I thought? Must not have went through.

I'm building new arms and that's the reason for my post. I want to go as far forward as I can. Jeepedo I'm glad you chimed in. I already planned on moving my track bar mount forward like on 4643

My biggest concern is going to be tierod to pitman arm clearance. I plan on going as far forward as I can. I'll just have to set my bumps accordingly so nothing hits. Deftwill, those panels are already on my to do list. I think they're a great product. I need them in order to clear my tires up front. My coil mounts will have to be centered over the tube in order to run the track bar like jeepedo and on the 4643 car. Which has already been in mind. Looks like I got all the info I need. Thanks guys. If anyone else has anything just post up.

It's a great set up, I rushed mine though, so I have to go back an polish a few things. It's a good winter project.

Chris, let me know if you need any measurements or pics, I'll be under the rig this week tearing a couple things apart. Just in case you need to get in the ball park.

I'm glad to see more people doing that.
Your build is iconic.
It's a great set up, I rushed mine though, so I have to go back an polish a few things. It's a good winter project.

Chris, let me know if you need any measurements or pics, I'll be under the rig this week tearing a couple things apart. Just in case you need to get in the ball park.
Sounds good
Can anyone confirm if a astro van 2wd steering box or any other forward facing boxes are bolt in?

Wrong thread for that haha.

The thread title is "moving front axle forward. A forward facing pitman arm could help alot of guys with geometry issues

You would have to move your get axle forward a lot to make it work

You would have to move your get axle forward a lot to make it work

The idea is to move it forward far enough that on compression, it comes up in front of the harmonic balancer and gives you 4-5 inches more uptravel.

Wasn't sure why one was concerned with a 'bolt in" box when you gotta redo everything else. Also why not go full hydro at that point

Wasn't sure why one was concerned with a 'bolt in" box when you gotta redo everything else. Also why not go full hydro at that point

I want it to bolt in so I don't have to redo everything else. I'm not a fan of full hydro, i prefer a mechanical connection for countless reasons. I'm looking for solutions not problems.

Looks like you should have plenty of room to move the axle forward. You would run into coil problems before you hit the Draglink. If you. Center your coils, and move your track bar forward 2" you should have around 3.5" between the pitman arm and the track bar.

5819c969b0de091faac7f1b40dca5ad3_zpsd2a5cdfc.jpg

By center your coils, you mean the coil mounts? Which brand did you go with? I like the look of those all in one units from ballistic fab.

they're pretty sweet, and they have the shock mount built right in, so they save some time. I kinda wish I would have gone that route. I was just a cheap ass, and built my own.:dunce:

Back