• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor swap questions

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
"0630" Casting 1996-1999 motor into
A" 7120" casting 1991-1995 Cherokee
im going to switch over All the sensors that
look different I and In am just wanting to knower what
else should be done. I Am going to drill And tap
the head for the coolest temp sensor. will my new
trany And transferable from my 88 that I have All
READY Bolted to the "0630" motor DF's fix-bolt into (sensor
wise) the "7120" jeep.

I did search.

william

The last 0630 i worked on had a bolt where the temp sensor would be, and would not require drilling and tapping. That head came from a ZJ, i'm not sure if the head from an XJ would be the same.

I just finished swapping a 96 engine into my 92 xj,and it had the sensor in the head,the motor would have been pretty much plug and play if i wouldn't have done the newer intake manifold/power steering swap and header at the same time.

ok so I dropped the motor on my hand and my rooommmates put the motor in for me while I was in surgury. Now i need to know how can I insall the temp sensor for the gauge. its to farback for me to drill it. is the somewhere else I can install it.

i would think you could drill and tap a hole closer to the front of the head as long as where you drilled and tapped was part of the cooling system.

Back