• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mount (write up)

No vibes here, only when idiling or taking off in 1st gear.
Feels very solid, a lot better than a 4.0 beast trying to deathroll its way out of engine bay.

Draper: good thing you got rubber not poly

Nice write-up-just a few questions:

1. How much did you pay for the mounts from AZ? If they have a bad reputation, does anyone know how much the dealership would charge?

2. What would be the minium size floor jack needed to lift the 4.0?

3. I know you did it, but is it really safe to lift the engine by the oil pan? It seams like an awful lot if weight to be on the pan.

Nice write-up-just a few questions:

1. How much did you pay for the mounts from AZ? If they have a bad reputation, does anyone know how much the dealership would charge?

2. What would be the minium size floor jack needed to lift the 4.0?

3. I know you did it, but is it really safe to lift the engine by the oil pan? It seams like an awful lot if weight to be on the pan.
just be sure they aren't ankor mounts- red and white box

I used a standard 3 ton floor jack.

I have read the AZ mounts do suck but they have lifetime warrenty so I didnt care and they are not really hard to change if they do fail in the next year or so.

The engine is not heavy enough to mess up the oil pan I cushioned it with a wooden block. And have had no problems with it. You only have to raise it enough to take pressure off the mounts.

My mounts are still holding up fine this is my DD now and they eliminated all Vibes i had before. Not saying I recc Anchor do to the bad rep but I have had no problems with them for the first 6 months so far.

Thanks for the great write up. Especially this part:

You will see the truck start to raise that is mainly the weight of the engine coming off the springs. It actually needs to go up quite a ways to get the pins out.

I couldn't figure out why the mounts wouldn't come off even though the whole body started lifting, but I just needed to jack it higher.

Did your Anchor mounts have any space between it and the 'fork' it sits between? Mine had a 1-2mm space, but it seems to be fine.

I get to tackle this as soon as my trans mount arrives, I bought browndog rubber mounts.

When you changed the mounts did you remove both engine mounts at the same time or just one side at a time?

I agree--my new MORE mounts do transfer more vibes, but not too annoying.

I would add that you should be careful not accidentally to put pressure on the PS pump resovoir line while removing the driver's side mount. The plastic connector the rubber line connects to is very fragile (at least mine was) and can turn this simple swap into a somewhat more lengthy ordeal.

I get to tackle this as soon as my trans mount arrives, I bought browndog rubber mounts.

When you changed the mounts did you remove both engine mounts at the same time or just one side at a time?

I think I did them one at a time. But once you get the Engine high enough It doesnt matter they will both come out pretty easily. Just try not to over think it the task is pretty straight forward.

As for the PS line, I have done both trucks so far and didn't even pay attention to the line. I didn't even notice it being in the way at all.

:greensmoknow do the passenger side that fast...

what I did on mine when I swapped the motor was I put the pass side bolt back in the opposite direction with about 3/8" trimmed off of the end of it .... this was if I ever need to change the mount again I do not have to take off the OFA

I just replaced my motor mounts with poly Brown Dog's and my tranny mount with the old made in china rubber one from vatozone. The Brown Dog guy must live right by me in Queen Creek, AZ cause they were delivered to me no more than 12 hours after ordering them off of their site late Sat night. They are WAY better quality and cheaper than the M.O.R.E.'s and look way better too! There is definately more vibes than stock, but not that bad at all, especially since I was expecting it. Well worth it to not have to change a mount after every wheelin trip!

Thanks Stryker, wouldn't have known about removing the oil filter adapter, as I haven't done this job yet :) FYI Chrysler wouldn't let me buy the big one alone and all 3 came to a whopping $7.80 with tax :)

Yeah, I saw that! I figured this would give me an idea of what I was getting my self into! I'm about to go find out. My oil filter addapter has been leaking all over my starter for a couple months now and I haven't got around to doing it yet its been cold! you know what they say about birds and stones! Might as well do it since I'm down there! Wheeling season is just around the corner in Ontario lots of work to do before season open :)

Back