• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion Offroad contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't stand Motion Offroad's business tactics OR CC's moderation practices. Oh well. "Everyone be nice and say nice things about each other" works until someone does something that you really can't say anything nice about, other than "put it back how it was and stop bastardizing that truck."

Sounds like my CB mount is a close cousin of yours. Cost me 6 bucks in angle and a bit of welding, I bend the crap out of it when trees get "a little too near" and have to bend it back so I can get the hatch open.

Eh. If someone is being an idiot, people offer advice that gets ignored, and we tell it like it is in the end.

I don't know how you moderate something before it happens, and to be honest....naxja is a step below pirate4x4 as far as bad moderating goes...so critiquing from naxja members isnt exactly helpful

yah, were quite a few steps away from pirate- for the better i'd like to think.

pirate does virtually zero moderating. and they are the self-proclaimed "elite". they are assholes who think they know more about what they know, than they actually know.

don't get me wrong...some guys there have their heads on straight. but most do not.

this coming from a self-proclaimed "elite".

naxja is a step below pirate4x4 as far as bad moderating goes...so critiquing from naxja members isnt exactly helpful

I call :bs:

Very much so. I do like seeing some of the wicked builds over there though. When you have that many people on a board its bound to get out of hand from time to time.

pirate does virtually zero moderating. and they are the self-proclaimed "elite". they are assholes who think they know more about what they know, than they actually know.

don't get me wrong...some guys there have their heads on straight. but most do not.

this coming from a self-proclaimed "elite".

:nono:

Eh. If someone is being an idiot, people offer advice that gets ignored, and we tell it like it is in the end.

I don't know how you moderate something before it happens, and to be honest....naxja is a step below pirate4x4 as far as bad moderating goes...so critiquing from naxja members isnt exactly helpful
I tend to agree, but I have 3 words for you:

Four Harley Mufflers

That thread and others like it have shown me that I simply do not agree with CC's moderation style. I felt like I was watching someone throw eggs at the Mona Lisa and when I told them they were an idiot and should stop, the police told me to STFU. Sometimes, there is simply nothing "nice" or constructive to say. I decided simply not going there anymore was probably the best choice.

I told the kid that too and people started getting out of line so everyone was told to stfu. Same thing happens here

So far as moderating goes you guys obviously aren't paying attention to what other forums say about naxja. Allot of guys who used to come here anymore because of too much moderating and too much flaming

So far as moderating goes you guys obviously aren't paying attention to what other forums say about naxja. Allot of guys who used to come here anymore because of too much moderating and too much flaming
I honestly think the moderating here is pretty close to balanced. It's not pirate, where anything goes, and you aren't gonna get shut down for giving input instead of praise when someone is doing something wrong, as long as you aren't a huge ass about it.

Sure, some people don't like it... that's why the internet is the way it is. There are how many jeep/offroad forums? JeepForum, JeepsUnderground, CherokeeForum, CC, Pirate, IH8MUD, to name a few... and each has its own reputation for general atmosphere and moderation style. You can't please everyone, and I'd say that if you try, you'll still end up pissing someone off. So each site's management does what it thinks is right, and people gravitate toward wherever they feel comfortable.

I've seen all sorts of stuff that goes against the rules (which are fairly common sense) not get removed here (after all the mods can't be everywhere and see everything), so I'm not sure why people think it's too much moderation. Hell, I've been moderated here and I deserved it. Too much flaming, I'm on the fence about... some people could use it, but poking them does cause a huge mess.

Sometimes, yeah the moderation goes a bit overboard. The flaming, however, is part of the internet. Too many Keyboard commandos here. Generally I will help a noob out until the prove to me that they can't be helped.

I think someone should moderate this thread back on track.. or back into the archives where it was fine for a looong time...

but hey, at least someone learned to search :p

I usually take NAXJA breaks when the people are @$$'s not many problems with mod's here.. just some of the population that feels they are gods gift to internet forums.

Anyways this got brought back up because someone on cc had an issue with motion offload and I saw some yahoo calling pete a sack sucker or whatever. That should have been moderated.

MO should be banned as a seller.

Anyways this got brought back up because someone on cc had an issue with motion offload and I saw some yahoo calling pete a sack sucker or whatever. That should have been moderated.

Hang on - there's something I'm not understanding about the chronology of what's happened here.

Reading back through this thread, the sackrider comment that I believe you are referring to was made on 08/05/2009. The immediate reply (yours, as it happens) to that comment was made yesterday - 17 months to the day after the thread had died.

Now, this begs the question of how you ran across the thread - and why, once the offending part had been discovered, you would ostensibly take the tack of dragging it out of the grave for public commentary rather than reporting it to the moderators. To be perfectly honest, to my eye your actions seem to indicate that you're less interested in correcting the perceived sleight than dragging an issue that was dead and buried back out of the closet in order to air your personal grievances against NAXJA.

Hang on - there's something I'm not understanding about the chronology of what's happened here.

Reading back through this thread, the sackrider comment that I believe you are referring to was made on 08/05/2009. The immediate reply (yours, as it happens) to that comment was made yesterday - 17 months to the day after the thread had died.

Now, this begs the question of how you ran across the thread - and why, once the offending part had been discovered, you would ostensibly take the tack of dragging it out of the grave for public commentary rather than reporting it to the moderators. To be perfectly honest, to my eye your actions seem to indicate that you're less interested in correcting the perceived sleight than dragging an issue that was dead and buried back out of the closet in order to air your personal grievances against NAXJA.

not really. it was linked to in a thread about motion offroad on CC that came up, I saw it and didn't even look at the date...just assumed it was recent.

not really. it was linked to in a thread about motion offroad on CC that came up, I saw it and didn't even look at the date...just assumed it was recent.

Wow. Just... Wow.

Nominated.

Last edited:
Something like that...

Congratulations on your nomination.

for what? the "he didn't care enough to look at the date" award?

Well, it's not entirely related to your shortcomings in the reading comprehension department, but that's definitely a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back