• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more steering questions...

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
Need to replace my steering setup, and don't want to do the 1 ton conversion(overkill for me, and I don't want to ream the knuckles). I'd like some opinions on the subject. I've narrowed to 2 options:

Rustys heavy tie rod w/ends, A heavy duty WJ Drag link from Kevins, and a new TRE for the pitman arm connection

or

Poison Spyder Heavy duty steering Kit(tie rod, new TRE's, heavy duty adjuster sleeve, and drag link gusset)

I am not positive the WJ drag link will work, as I've only heard a vague reference to it by a few people. Does anyone have one of these on their rig? Also, does anyone have experience with the drag link bending under heavy stress? Are there better options that I may have missed? Edit: would the Rusty's tie rod conversion be a better option?
thanks

Last edited:
Might as well go to the 1 ton setup, I'm pretty sure you don't ream the knuckles, only the pitman arm.

JCR shows the knuckles are reamed too. Think I've settled for the currie drag link, and a rusty's tie rod. red rock 4x4 has the drag link for 190, and the rusty's tie rod is 100.

dont know what a arg steering box is I have a stock one leaking I need to replace will yours work and what price Thanks Dan

I just installed Curries setup and while it is expensive it is damned worth it. heavy duty but not overkill. And my steering is so smooth and tight now. Love it.

decided on the currie drag link and the rustys tie rod. saved a little money. it came today, so I'll install it tomorrow. Man the DL is BEEFY. looking forward to the new setup. I'll try to post pics when done.

Back