• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
As most everyone has seen, my membership status has lapsed. I cannot view the member section at the moment so I am posting here as to why this happened. At last year's socalfest I won a one year extension of my membership. I thought that had been properly applied but it seems to have not been. I was unable to send a PM to membership because of something about max number of messages in my pm account or some such thing. I am trying to resolve this issue now.

John, I love ya man, but it bothers me that its been a week since you went dark and all of a sudden when there's been a thread posted concerning this exact issue at 11:30 this morning that you decide to do something about it.

:dunno:

edit: not to put you on blast but if its a money issue there are plenty of us that can help you out bro.

As most everyone has seen, my membership status has lapsed. I cannot view the member section at the moment so I am posting here as to why this happened. At last year's socalfest I won a one year extension of my membership. I thought that had been properly applied but it seems to have not been. I was unable to send a PM to membership because of something about max number of messages in my pm account or some such thing. I am trying to resolve this issue now.

john your PM box is full im told.

John, I love ya man, but it bothers me that its been a week since you went dark and all of a sudden when there's been a thread posted concerning this exact issue at 11:30 this morning that you decide to do something about it.

edit: not to put you on blast but if its a money issue there are plenty of us that can help you out bro.

x2. We can start a HELP JJ fund and your membership will be paid inside of ten minutes.

john. delete all of your PMs...

if there is something important you need to keep, save it as a screenshot.

John,

This is simple. You're expired. RENEW. If you have won a free year, get that applied too and have two years.

You were a lousy president at best before you expired. You've been expired for four days, contacted by your peers, your members, and the national board of directors. You're still expired.

If you can't make the basic commitments for the club, step the **** down. If you don't step the **** down, the chapter will take you down...

Would have been nice if you got a email letting you know you were about to expire huh?

Would have been nice if you got a email letting you know you were about to expire huh?

leave it to tone.

mega_facepalm.jpg

Tone,

this thread is about some serious issues concerning the whole socal chapter.
You've got your own kindergarten thread already.
Please do everybody here a favor and keep goofing off there.
Right now is not the time to shit all over this forum.

I have been extremely busy this last week with training for my new position at work and preparing for the VFW state convention this weekend. I have not been able to spend more than a few minutes on the computer for the last week plus. I am having severe money issues but that is not the core of the membership thing. I believe it will be resolved in the next day or so.

John,

This is simple. You're expired. RENEW. If you have won a free year, get that applied too and have two years.

You were a lousy president at best before you expired. You've been expired for four days, contacted by your peers, your members, and the national board of directors. You're still expired.

If you can't make the basic commitments for the club, step the **** down. If you don't step the **** down, the chapter will take you down...
Cal, you've been a member here a long time and I respect your opinion. If I thought it were truly the best thing for the club I would step down. At this time I don't feel it is the best thing for the club. I don't see how our chapter would benefit from the drama and controversy of the club president being recalled or resigning. We are all volunteers here and we have worked together to run this chapter. I'm sure many if not all of you have had a year or more of your lives when nothing seemed to go your way. If it makes anyone feel any better I will not seek another term. My life has been an unexpected hell this past year especially and the end of it is still some time to come. I will continue to do what I can to contribute to this great chapter.

Cal, you've been a member here a long time and I respect your opinion. If I thought it were truly the best thing for the club I would step down. At this time I don't feel it is the best thing for the club. I don't see how our chapter would benefit from the drama and controversy of the club president being recalled or resigning. We are all volunteers here and we have worked together to run this chapter. I'm sure many if not all of you have had a year or more of your lives when nothing seemed to go your way. If it makes anyone feel any better I will not seek another term. My life has been an unexpected hell this past year especially and the end of it is still some time to come. I will continue to do what I can to contribute to this great chapter.

John, you have done very little for this chapter in your 18 months, save for host a single Christmas party. The chapter has been run by the VP and a volunteer, while you repeatedly put your foot in your mouth with views not in the chapters best interest (for example, expressing support of a socal naxja amateur competition without thinking the issue through).

The chapter has not benefited from the drama and controversy of a president who does nothing, has an expired membership, and refuses to just man up and pay the thirty bucks to renew - several members have even offered to pay the fee for you.

Man up and step down.

John,
it is not that anyone dislikes you, in fact thhings have taken this long because of your reputation in this club.

However, you have made it clear on multiple occasions that you do not have time for the club. I understand you do not feel the best thing for the club, however quite a few of us are formally requesting that you voluntarily abdicate the position.

Step down....PLEASE....step down.

John, I am on your side.

but think about this for a minute.

there will be no drama if you step down. there will be worse drama if Carol and Stephan, or the membership decides to kick you out.

you clearly do not have the time to be the president. there is nothing wrong with that. nobody is going to hate you because of it.
I'd love to have an office or help run the club, but I know for a fact I do not have the time to commit to it. I have time to be on the forum, but that's about it.
there are other people that DO have the time, and are willing to take over to sail the ship.

its not going to help you any to worry about being the club prez and its certainly not going to help the club any if you still don't have time to do it.

if there is something specific you want to do with the club and you can do it, work with the BOD as just a member and do it, but please don't drag this out any more.

What's your point?

Now is the time. :roflmao::moon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back