• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May-June Photo Assignment...Overland.

Yea my 96 is terrible. The 97 is a dream in comparison!!

Must have been a ChryCo cost cutting measure that they decided was a bad idea. I'll need to look into late model front door seals and figure out the issue with the rear and hatch too (from what I've read late model rear door seals don't work so well on an early one).

It was pretty annoying driving across the country with more wind noise than my old abused Jeep!

I wonder if just using rubber hosing would work instead of some kit. Get it thick. Would that work for a homemade kind of thing? Would be pretty cheap compared I would think.

Getting it the exact right size would be tricky at best. I think the easiest way would be buying pre-made.

A few from the Rubicon this week...

4751779671_124c531ff3_b.jpg

4748313458_263ae66c54_b.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, so I missed this since its been a while I checked in here. I'll show two of what I got.

My camera phone is only so good, but this was taken within the timeframe. Its my new daily driver, and its awesome.
0503101534a_388767.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

Okay, so I missed this since its been a while I checked in here. I'll show two of what I got.

My camera phone is only so good, but this was taken within the timeframe. Its my new daily driver, and its awesome.
0503101534a_388767.jpg

Yeah probably need to update that after this morning. :shiver:

Did some overland-ish wheeling down at Black Mountain in Harlan, KY at the Cherokee Crawl over the weekend.

Stump was there and rode/led us through the mountains on Saturday
DSCF0237.jpg

Here we are at a Helicopter LZ at around 2600 ft.

DSCF0242.jpg

Awesome view at 3100 Ft.

DSCF0252.jpg

Yeah probably need to update that after this morning. :shiver:

They could be twins, had I not rolled over Monday morning.

I was, looks like I'll be able to get a replacement though. Still blows though.

Long and short of it. I was out for a drive on an unfamiliar road and a hard left hander came up quick on me. Surface was wet/slick crushed limestone. I was wide on the corner since I was going left, and the back end came off the edge and into the ditch and the ditch just pulled it in. So while moving sideways in the ditch the wheels grabbed and it rolled.

0705100626b_217743.jpg

0705100616a_441123.jpg

0705100615b.jpg

Back