• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Master Cylinder

Puma297 said:
the e-350 MC seems to work well and are cheap.
The E-350 MC is for rear drums and has not equal sized reservoirs. You need them to be the same size if you run discs f/r.

kid4lyf said:
Did an E350 never come with rear discs?

There are nine Ford E-350 Rideshare vans parked outside of my office.
All have four-wheel disc brakes.

94xjkyle said:
what about the e 350 with rear disc brakes?
JeepFreak21 said:
read much?
Billy
lazyxj said:
There are nine Ford E-350 Rideshare vans parked outside of my office.
All have four-wheel disc brakes.
So, apparently it wasn't a stupid question was it?

Puma297 said:
the e-350 MC seems to work well and are cheap.
Im running the 1980 E-350 MC with an 88 XJ booster.
Ford d60 dual pistong calipesr at all corners. it works.

On the weekend We got my buddies yota running with chevy single piston calipers at all 4, he tires an FJ80 MC 1.125 bore and that sucked, all the way to the floor. Then we bought a 1979 Chevy 1ton MC, 86 4runner booster 1.5in bore now they work great. $30, and better then mine for some reason.

I think I need to adjust my booster, but what I have works.

The problem is that the e-350 MC from the 4-disc-models wont be a bolt-on like the E-350 (10-2008) MC everybody is referring to. The rear disc in the E350 came up in 1999.

the only differance in the cruse control master cylander is that it has the cruse control switch bult into the front of themaster cylander body, the rest is the same and anything after 97, i belive, had 4 wheel disc brakes

For those of you that have the later model xjs with the dual diaphragm booster, a late 90's MC from a 1 ton dodge is a direct bolt on, brake lines and all. Only thing you have to do is make a 5/8" spacer to go in the hole where the pedal pushrod goes.

Dan

Dan Turner said:
For those of you that have the later model xjs with the dual diaphragm booster, a late 90's MC from a 1 ton dodge is a direct bolt on, brake lines and all. Only thing you have to do is make a 5/8" spacer to go in the hole where the pedal pushrod goes.

Dan
And not be running a K&N FIPK. There is no issue with the heat shield but the intake tube is in the way; not much but enough. If you made your own tube or just used the OEM there would be no issue.

Dan Turner said:

Dan
Tell me more about this spacer. Are you talking about a spacer at the pedal, or a spacer at the firewall that the rod goes through?

Back