• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mark my words....

ColoradoRaptor

Headbanging Hillbilly
Within my lifetime the American dream will come crashing down! The simple fact is we as a nation are divided and falling apart. Either religious or political reasons keep us as a nation from seeing eye to eye and agreeing on anything. Sadly trying to discuss or debate either results in punishment from politically correct asshats. The division does not stop there either, as we are divided by wealth and property. Our government has indebted us so bad that there is no way to fix it without robbing those that are already taxed beyond fairness. To tax the backbone of this country any further will only lead to increased crime and dissent. And the end result is a total collapse of the broken system we live by now. Fact: the fastest growing industry in this country is the prison industry! You might want to ask yourself WHY............. :smsoap:

Getting on the Soap Box,

You are not the first, nor the last to say this. And while, IMO, in the past this has not been true, it is not looking all that good for the USA today.

I heard this very statement during the '60s. Made by my Parent's generation. They were complaining, of course, about my generation. You know, long hair and free sex...

Today though, the country is being controlled by special interest groups that in no way, shape, or form, have the greater benefit of the Country at heart. It is all about their special wants and to the Devil with anyone who dares to disagree with them.

Look at the situation in Washington. A Legislative Branch that is paralyzed, an Executive Branch that is either completely out of touch with reality or, he just lies through his teeth...

Probable Deniability is one thing what is going on is quite another.

The issue extends from there to the local level. At one point in time, any business could refuse to do business with anyone for any reason. THere used to be signs that stated "We reserve the right to refuse business". Now, we have a Baker that has been coerced into making a cake for a gay couple. It violates his religion to do so. Does the Media care that this unfortunate person's freedoms have been abridged? Nope, they do not. They only care about the gay couple. A group of individuals that I, personally, could not possibly care less about.

Everyone is guaranteed their religious freedoms in this Country. Unless, of course, they impinge on the Liberal Agenda.

Last I looked, the Constitution did not grant the power to the Courts, the Executive nor Legislative branches to force a business to cater to anyone. How is it that GLAAD has the apparent power to do so? Now, before someone rises up in righteous indignation, I do not care what anyone does with another as long as it is consentual.

As a Veteran (Vietnam '72, '73), I do take issue with folk being forced to do what they do not care to do. IMO, it is a clear violation of the Constitution and should not be tolerated. A document I swore to defend.

Entire careers are being ruined for being honest. Witness Paula Dean's admission of using a derogatory word in her youth. Really? Someone from the Deep South, whose youth was spent in the '50s had used a term that was common. I would be shocked if she had not. It was not right to use the term but it is even more wrong to torpedo her career for being honest.

I would be wiling to bet that it would be extremely difficult to find anyone of her age group, raised in the same area of the Country that has not used the word.

And as far as that goes, how is it that the Black Community can use the word and no one else? If the word itself is the issue, then the same level of abuse should fall on the heads of all that use it.

OK, will get off the Soap Box now...

You guys have fun burning in hell, I'm moving up to the great white north.

while i'd like to jump on this soap box as well because i am of the same opinion as o Gauge i feel the need to inform the masses
this forum does have a subforum for political discussion and the like.
Please keep this low key or i will be forced to move it
Thanks
Flores

This place is quickly turning into thumpertalk.com town square.

What a waste.

I'm with Dutch. I'm going to retire in the Nordic Circle.

Y'all can have America. Unless we end up with an Icelandic-esque revolution in which we jail all our bankers and prime minister and rewrite out constitution. I'm down for a peaceful revolution.

Entire careers are being ruined for being honest. Witness Paula Dean's admission of using a derogatory word in her youth. Really? Someone from the Deep South, whose youth was spent in the '50s had used a term that was common. I would be shocked if she had not. It was not right to use the term but it is even more wrong to torpedo her career for being honest.

I would be wiling to bet that it would be extremely difficult to find anyone of her age group, raised in the same area of the Country that has not used the word.

And as far as that goes, how is it that the Black Community can use the word and no one else? If the word itself is the issue, then the same level of abuse should fall on the heads of all that use it.

OK, will get off the Soap Box now...

She wasn't racist, she's just an old timer, that's how it was back then, its cute.

while i'd like to jump on this soap box as well because i am of the same opinion as o Gauge i feel the need to inform the masses
this forum does have a subforum for political discussion and the like.
Please keep this low key or i will be forced to move it
Thanks
Flores

damn the man always keeping us down

Spring of 68, I heard a song on underground FM(as it was called, daytime it was a polish language station, after 10 the DJ's played whatever they wanted). I never have found it again. The chorus was:

"You know it well, we're a goin' to hell, we're a goin' to hell on a sled."

I thought it was appropriate then, and still is.

Whatever, I'm enjoying the ride.

And doing whatever little shit I can do to steer the damn sled. :)

Brought to you by the magic of Google:

You almost got Savoy Brown's, Hellbound Train.

Ya, know, I don't think I did ever use google. Probably the last time I thought of it was before google. :)

No comments on my Clerks 2 clip? C'mon you bunch of porch......... :eyes:

Last edited:
I saw some graffiti on a box car. Someone who lived in the South had to explain it to me.

I thought the clip was funny. :eyes:

LOL -- I'll give you props for the Clerks clip, Dutch... funny stuff.

In response to Ira's call for xmas joy, I think when we stop expecting 300 million people to either agree, or abide by the mob rule of the remainder of the majority, we might make some progress. A single homogeneous nation was never the intent of the founders.

Back