• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Man, I sure am gettin' nervous...

STRYKER

NAXJA Forum User
That I may be using up all my luck.

Guy was sittin' in the Food Lion parking lot near my jobsite today. As I pulled in, he said he'd been noticing my new Comanche for several weeks and always wanted to look at it up close.
As we talked, he asked if I knew any Jeepers that were in the market for a 1982 Scrambler.
I told him... he need not look any further.

It's a 82 Scrambler with the 258, that he paid $2500 for about a year ago. It's an auto and I'll assume that it also uses the D300 case, cause I'm unaware that AMC used the quad-trac system on the 1982 auto CJ's...
Even if it is, at $500 bucks, it's still a steal.

He said it runs fine, has minimal rust for that year. I'm going over to see it on Saturday and will most likely pay the man right there.... unless there is something REALLY wrong with it.

Thing is, I just brought a Comanche home and the wife is REALLY not keen on any more Jeeps for a while.... :eek:

Guess I'll be sellin' off a couple here soon to keep the peace at home.

good luck with the scrambler (and the wife). thats one hell of a find! let me know if your getting rid of any jeeps with good axles (4.56+) i'm in harrisonburg and have been looking for something close to toy with.

thompson97 said:
good luck with the scrambler (and the wife). thats one hell of a find! let me know if your getting rid of any jeeps with good axles (4.56+) i'm in harrisonburg and have been looking for something close to toy with.

Sorry, but the 4:56 will end up under that Scrambler. I'm replacing the Jeep axles back under the Comanche (Dana 30 and 35 rear) and dropping the lift to a more normal 4" or so.

The Scrambler will be built to look exactly like my former Scrambler... with Ford fullsized axles and 35" tires, as well as coils all around.

STRYKER said:
That I may be using up all my luck.

It's a 82 Scrambler with the 258, that he paid $2500 for about a year ago. It's an auto and I'll assume that it also uses the D300 case, cause I'm unaware that AMC used the quad-trac system on the 1982 auto CJ's...
Even if it is, at $500 bucks, it's still a steal.

He said it runs fine, has minimal rust for that year. I'm going over to see it on Saturday and will most likely pay the man right there.... unless there is something REALLY wrong with it.

Dew yew ever not get a deal like that:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's why I'm sweatin. I believe we're only allotted so much luck in this life. On top of that, each of us is lucky in one (or sometimes several) particular aspect.

Some, it's "lucky in love"
Some, it work or cash income that comes no difference what they do...

I'll be the one " guy that is bestowed "cheap jeep guy". I can find dirt cheap jeeps in good condition till the cows come home.... but I can't get lucky at any other aspect of life.
:D

I already mastered that lucky at love thing, too. I married the Mrs. about 4 years ago this month. :angel:

Be sure to check the leaf spring mounts at the front end of the rear springs for rust. The weep holes were poorly placed on old CJ's and every CJ8 that I looked at (that was for sale) have the frame rusted out back there.

Erik said:
Be sure to check the leaf spring mounts at the front end of the rear springs for rust. The weep holes were poorly placed on old CJ's and every CJ8 that I looked at (that was for sale) have the frame rusted out back there.

Thanks, man. I'm the original owner of another 1982 CJ-8. I know them from stem to stern. I really regret selling the last one. I had owned it from 1982-1998.

That's why I HAD to go see this one. ;)

CheapXJ said:

Oops...
You're the CheapXJ guy, I'm the Cheap jeep buyer..... :)
This one didn't work out. Erik nailed it... the frame was eaten out over the rear axle.

Back