• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M24x1.5 Tube adapters

XJRocket

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone has a source for M24x1.5 Tube adapters... I think I am gonna build me a hybrid axle, and I am gonna need some. Yes I know JKS makes a drag link and tie rod already... I just want the flexibility of building my own.

Oh and I did search.

Wouldn't want to use those then...
OP good luck, when I did mine, taps were prohibitvely expensive, I gave up and just got the jks stuff

Just wondering if anyone has a source for M24x1.5 Tube adapters... I think I am gonna build me a hybrid axle, and I am gonna need some. Yes I know JKS makes a drag link and tie rod already... I just want the flexibility of building my own.

Oh and I did search.

How thick of tube are you using?

Ruffstuff sells heim/tube adapters. And they also sell DIY steering kit.

Yeah but I don't see any for the WJ stuff.
If you are talking about the steering. The kits that RS has are not vehicle specific. So their crossover steering kit will work just fine. Whether you use heims or TRE's (unless you plan on using stock rod ends) you will need to drill out the existing holes. If you use TRE's get the inserts. Not sure, but I would guess that RS has something that would work, but there are rod ends that are thick at the threads with stock taper.
I think you are making things seem more complicated than they really are.

If you are talking about the steering. The kits that RS has are not vehicle specific. So their crossover steering kit will work just fine. Whether you use heims or TRE's (unless you plan on using stock rod ends) you will need to drill out the existing holes. If you use TRE's get the inserts. Not sure, but I would guess that RS has something that would work, but there are rod ends that are thick at the threads with stock taper.
I think you are making things seem more complicated than they really are.

I was trying to stick with WJ stuff for simplicity. The TREs are offset for clearance and pretty beefy. I see RS had an offset chebby kit, but I was trying to avoid the PITA of reaming the knuckles.

you can drill the knuckles and weld in the 8" weld in inserts instead of buying a reamer.

Back