• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking to relocate

jeepgirl13

NAXJA Forum User
My husband and I are looking to move to North Carolina and would like some opinions on good spots. I am a hairdresser and my husband works in a machine shop and also worked with Clayton Offroad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot.
Stephanie
P.S- I also need to wheel every weekend :)

Greensboro, Salisbury, Charlotte. Nice places, close to Uwharrie, good job opportunities.

Thanks. I believe we will be down in the middle of summer to run Tellico again. I am going to check out those spots.

If you wanna be near tellico and in the mountains, look at Ashville. BEAUTIFUL spots up there.

We don't really know where we want to be except out of Connecticut.

MrMom said:
I would look at mooresville or concord with all the nascar teams there may be some good machine work
Yea good one.

I have family that lives near the Concord/Lexington area. It's about 1 hour (on the high side) of Charlotte and it's beautiful there. They love it!

jeepgirl13 said:
Everything we saw there is beautiful. Just need to find work.

Good luck with that. There are job there just may not be what you want to make.

I'm from Long Island. We moved to Burlington 3.5 years ago. Its real nice and a great location. 45 mins to Raliegh and 20 to 30 to Greensboro 2.5 hours to Charlotte, 3 hours to the mountains. Tax rates are good and the schools are good if you got little ones. We felt right at home coming here. If you want to check places try the local chamber of commerce. Burlington is Alamance. They'll send you a welcome packet. That goes for any city. I dont think finding work will be a problem

Tim Dog said:
I'm from Long Island. We moved to Burlington 3.5 years ago. Its real nice and a great location. 45 mins to Raliegh and 20 to 30 to Greensboro 2.5 hours to Charlotte, 3 hours to the mountains. Tax rates are good and the schools are good if you got little ones. We felt right at home coming here. If you want to check places try the local chamber of commerce. Burlington is Alamance. They'll send you a welcome packet. That goes for any city. I dont think finding work will be a problem

Then you met me... HAHA... that'll put a sour taste in yer mouth

From my experience in the machine operator trade the machine shop wages are much lower in the south east than in the north east, but if he's experienced and can market himself well he should be able to find a good job, it just may take a little longer. Good luck!

I'm in the Raleigh area and there are plenty of places I can think of him finding work.
There are alot of trucking companies that need machine work. There are numerous manufacturing plants and an international airport which means a lot of machine work.
Could you be more specfic on what kinda of work he is looking for?

Back