• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking For...

99SJ_Ex

NAXJA Forum User
Parts for Bec's Jeep. I'm trying to source some stuff that most people would probably scrap, but it could find a home with me... Trying to create a 1950s/60s CJ5 with updated Driveline and axles...

THE LIST:
Dana 30 (HP no discconects preferred, gears/carrier optional)
8.25 (29 Spline preferred, gears/carrier optional)
Jeep 2.5L Motor
2.5L Wire harness
2.5L ECU
2.5L Automatic Trans
t-case
YJ Leaf Packs

IF you have any of this in your scrape piles, what would you be willing to take for it? I'd be looking at picking stuff up this summer, unless you're close by...

I've got a 27 spline 8.25 in my garage. Come and get it.

I have the original 3.07 geared D30 from my 94. May be missing a few parts, if you're interested I can see what all it needs. Free.

Also have the original 231, 23-spline for AX-15, make me an offer.

I have the original 3.07 geared D30 from my 94. May be missing a few parts, if you're interested I can see what all it needs. Free.

Also have the original 231, 23-spline for AX-15, make me an offer.

John you hosting BrewFest this year? This could be a two birds, one stone situation...

PM sent**

I might still have the stock steering linkage if you need it.

Rev

I'd love it Rev, mine was too twisted up to use...

P.S. you couldn't sneak a d30 and 231 in the back of your truck could you? Just had to ask...

I have to ask, why are you doing a 2.5? Starting from scratch you could do small block Chevy, 4.0, all sorts of options. Why the 2.5?

The 1956-73 CJ5 is a 'narrow frame, short wheelbase' Jeep. An I6 is too long to fit in the engine bay, the 2.5L will fit just fine, minus mechanical fan, which it will run an electric. This rig is for Rebecca who wants it primarily for easy trail runs, and around town cruiser. The 2.5L with 4.56s or 4.88s should fit that bill.

I wanted to keep this as much Willys/AMC/Chrysler as possible which narrowed down what I could use. With the frame being only 30in wide, a V8 with exhaust would not work and I didn't want to run a Buick V6...

where were you 2 years ago, I gave away a 74 CJ-5. dana 44 rear, fiberglass front fenders, hardtop, just to get it out of the garage.

where were you 2 years ago, I gave away a 74 CJ-5. dana 44 rear, fiberglass front fenders, hardtop, just to get it out of the garage.

I was at UW-Stout living in a hole trying to pay bills... Things have improved since then... :scottm:

good answer, I was just curious

I know, a lot of people are, that why I'm doing it, to be different... Eventually the 2.5 might even be propane powered, you may shake your head, but have you ever seen a propane powered CJ5? The goal is to create a Retro Jeep utilizing parts often considered sub-par or garbage and see what it can do.

The 1956-73 CJ5 is a 'narrow frame, short wheelbase' Jeep. An I6 is too long to fit in the engine bay, the 2.5L will fit just fine, minus mechanical fan, which it will run an electric. This rig is for Rebecca who wants it primarily for easy trail runs, and around town cruiser. The 2.5L with 4.56s or 4.88s should fit that bill.

I wanted to keep this as much Willys/AMC/Chrysler as possible which narrowed down what I could use. With the frame being only 30in wide, a V8 with exhaust would not work and I didn't want to run a Buick V6...

Buick V6...just sayin

:edit: just saw you didn't want to run one. I had one in an old Commando. Loved that thing.

Buick V6...just sayin

:edit: just saw you didn't want to run one. I had one in an old Commando. Loved that thing.

TBH if I refreshed a 2.5L, its HP and torque are slightly under the V6, combine it with the right gears and it'll do everything the v6 does...

So it looks like I might have a motor for it, '84 2.5L...

What I'm looking for is either the bell housing/converter to mate up the AW4 I have to a 2.5L OR I need a 999/909/30RH...

Thinking that with an '84 I'm going to need the 909/30RH, but I'm not sure...

What do people got?

Back